Lineup for Atlanta?

they did use the murfreesboro... and two other shows that the corps were at to determine what the line up is... i think the line up is correct...

Probably...but if they didn't like the old 'averaging' system from years past, and made the decision to make murfreesboro a 2night event...only to do averaging anyway...uhmmm? I mean, a two-night show leading directly to a performance order on the 3rd night is unfair in itself, too, since the corps on the second night have had an extra day of practice and would probably score higher than the corps on the first night...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Every corps other than Glassmen performed 2 of the 3 shows (Hattiesburg, Murf, and Gadsden), and got an average of those to determine placement.

I'd guess that since Glassmen only performed at Murf, DCI included the next most recent of their scores, which was an 83.1 on the 20th.

If that's indeed the case, then take a look at these average scores:

BK: 83.625

Glassmen: 83.600

That would explain why BK is going on before Glassmen.

gotcha even though i dont think its fair.

It make sense to go by just the Murf. shows. Same panel both nights and on the same captions. If you start adding different panels, score and placement could be not consistent.

It make sense to go by just the Murf. shows. Same panel both nights and on the same captions. If you start adding different panels, score and placement could be not consistent.

...similar sort of issue before the San Antonio show, wasn't it? Two different shows (Houston and Dallas) on two different nights with two different judging panels? Placement was determined based on the avg of all corps, scored at those two different shows?

...isn't new or unique.

...similar sort of issue before the San Antonio show, wasn't it? Two different shows (Houston and Dallas) on two different nights with two different judging panels? Placement was determined based on the avg of all corps, scored at those two different shows?

...isn't new or unique.

At least everyone was at both Dallas and Houston.

I don't know if it is or not. But would it be any more fair to just go by the Murf score for Glassmen?

just go off Murf scores same judges or just go gadsen and murfs scores. they seemed to be almost the same as the first night murfs scores. what makes it not fair for glassmen is there were 3 days in between those scores when others had back to back scores.

they did use the murfreesboro... and two other shows that the corps were at to determine what the line up is... i think the line up is correct...

Seems like more work and thinking than really needed and should have just been based off of the Murf Scores. :tongue::cool: :cool:

...isn't new or unique.

At the Houston, Dallas the judges stayed put and judged the same caption each night. The corps switched venues.

Same goes for Murf.

The Hattiesburg and Gadsden had two complete different panels.

just go off Murf scores same judges or just go gadsen and murfs scores. they seemed to be almost the same as the first night murfs scores. what makes it not fair for glassmen is there were 3 days in between those scores when others had back to back scores.

...this just seems like a silly argument, because it is what it is.

I don't mean to be argumentative, but I am sure that BK wouldn't mind skipping those extra shows too and just averaging a score from 3-ish days earlier (was it the 21st?) ...that would throw in an 84.45 for them to average into the Murf score.... but come on! not fair? seriously?

There has to be some way to come up with placement. Would you suggest that every other corps has to average two of three shows and the Glassmen use a single score to determine their placement?

okay....sorry......stepping away.