please buy Corps stuff

Sadly I'm tempted to agree... though I do buy corps shirts, $20 for a T-shirt is a little steep when I usually pay $15 MAX for a shirt any other time of the year... plus some of those new Under Armour and other "high-end" style shirts are going for $30 and up... just sayin'...

while we're campaigning for lower prices...someone get a hold of some of the stores i shop at and make them take it down a notch or two.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

while we're campaigning for lower prices...someone get a hold of some of the stores i shop at and make them take it down a notch or two.

Check out the prices for some of the Under Armour Team Zone tees in other places... the UA website lists them from $25-$30 (for example, ESPN has them for $24.99). The DCI Team Zone tee? $35. I know they have to make a profit but when comparing to the ESPN price am I really willing to pay $10 for the DCI name? Just food for thought.

T-Shirts of the custom graphic variety tend to be close with $20 being a good price for new ones... however when it comes to SALES is when DCI falters... I've seen websites (such as Busted Tees) selling some of their shirts on sale WITH ALL SIZES (that's important) for as low as $8. The only times I ever see drum corps shirts for $10 (the lowest price I really ever see) they only have XL and up... not good when you wear a medium.

Again, just food for thought.

didn't see much that interested me at Nightbeat and the few things that interested me for Phantom, they didn't have my size.

I'm going to check the websites and see what i can find.

I Bought a cavalier shirt for $ 20.00 and I got home and it was the wrong size .

Luckily I'm going to finals so maybe trade it in for the right size If they'll let me ?

Check out the prices for some of the Under Armour Team Zone tees in other places... the UA website lists them from $25-$30 (for example, ESPN has them for $24.99). The DCI Team Zone tee? $35. I know they have to make a profit but when comparing to the ESPN price am I really willing to pay $10 for the DCI name? Just food for thought.

T-Shirts of the custom graphic variety tend to be close with $20 being a good price for new ones... however when it comes to SALES is when DCI falters... I've seen websites (such as Busted Tees) selling some of their shirts on sale WITH ALL SIZES (that's important) for as low as $8. The only times I ever see drum corps shirts for $10 (the lowest price I really ever see) they only have XL and up... not good when you wear a medium.

Again, just food for thought.

Bama blegh.

UT = WHOOOO!

lol. some of us need those L's and in some cases XL's. *sighs*

now after we conquer these guys, someone talk to Burberry. $125 for a polo. please people!

Bama blegh.

UT = WHOOOO!

lol. some of us need those L's and in some cases XL's. *sighs*

now after we conquer these guys, someone talk to Burberry. $125 for a polo. please people!

No clothing item should cost over $50 AT THE MOST... period.

Oh, and Roll Tide! :blink:

Rammer Jammer, Yella Hammer, Go to Hell Alabama! ;P

see ya at BDS this year if you're still in MDB. my brother-in-law is a Bammer, bless his heart. we started a tradition last year of attending the UT-Bama games.

/on topic

BUY STUFF PEOPLE!

First line yes. Second line...not so much. :huh:

Sadly, when I'm not buying corps shirts, I am a sucker for jerseys. I don't have many, but it's mainly because of cost. Tell me what it is on a football jersey that is worth the 45-50 dollars minimum that people shell out or these? Some aren't even that great. I've noticed a sharp dropoff in the quality of football jersey adidas has put out in the past couple seasons. My Erik Ainge jersey has held up through three years of washings. My Eric Berry jersey peeled after the first time through the wash. Anywho, back to corps merchandise. I don't mind paying just a little extra for some stuff because they use the proceeds to continue operation. A 20 dollar t-shirt doesn't bother me nearly as much as a 45 dollar messenger bag (which I was considering getting for my music books until I saw the price). I also don't understand the steep price for sweatshirts.

Edited by UTtrumpetdude

Let's see...I bought two shirts for BAC at Annapolis....and contributed $20 to the fuel fund...sponsored a corps member I never met for part of their tour fees $500...Will probably buy more stuff at Allentown...