12th Place Upsets

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1979, when Troopers beat Crossmen to make finals.

Yup, that's the first one that came to my mind.

Thanks for the accurate correction.... I wasn't sure, but I knew BK '96 was one of the top smallest hornlines of all time... Thought it was the smallest but obviously not!

Wes P

Suncoast '89 hornline was pretty small too.

Crossmen Hype! Yawh, I said it!! We can't have another 1979. DOWN WITH THE TROOPERS!!

In 1976, the Guardsmen were one of the last corps to perform in Prelims. They were the last corps into Finals and ended up tied for 10th with Freelancers (Senecca Optimists were in 12th). That night, the Guardsmen ended up in 12th.

And, the corps they knocked out of Finals - in 13th place - the Troopers. (14th place went to another corps you may have heard of - the Garfield Cadets).

Im just going to throw it out there, because i dont think its been mentioned yet

Madison taking 12th from Crossmen....

which is especially painful for me because i was in Crossmen in 08.

Who else has felt that horrid horrid feeling?

In 1976, the Guardsmen were one of the last corps to perform in Prelims. They were the last corps into Finals and ended up tied for 10th with Freelancers (Senecca Optimists were in 12th). That night, the Guardsmen ended up in 12th.

And, the corps they knocked out of Finals - in 13th place - the Troopers. (14th place went to another corps you may have heard of - the Garfield Cadets).

And why Garfield didn't make finals in that show still remains a mystery to me. I recall a sign on the back sideline in Philly - "Where's Garfield?" Good question.

Im just going to throw it out there, because i dont think its been mentioned yet

Madison taking 12th from Crossmen....

which is especially painful for me because i was in Crossmen in 08.

Who else has felt that horrid horrid feeling?

It was in the first post.

And why Garfield didn't make finals in that show still remains a mystery to me. I recall a sign on the back sideline in Philly - "Where's Garfield?" Good question.

I thought the same thing Garfield was beating us the first half of the season that we started beating them but the point spread was not that much. They had a good show that year I think.