West Chester

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's MY review of the show ..... The sound system the PA announcer was using was AWFUL! He should have just spoken into the mics the pits were using, they were much louder and much more clear!

"Sound System":

You nailed it. It was horrible. LOVED the corps, great show. :thumbup:

Elphaba

Quick review: All corps: starting to see the effects of the hose!

Surf, much improvement, many changes.

Crossmen, too much standing around, long sections of playing and not moving.

Boston, love the horn toss, show seemed a little off tonight.

Crown, pit was way too loud! The long low notes coming from the speakers overpowered the horn line in spots. (I thought you couldn't use electronics to supplement the horns. Silly me)

Cavies, IMHO most boring show of the last few years for them. No real "hooks" to get you excited. Remember every year you would tell your friends "wait until you see Cavies do this..." Not this year. Did like the drumline.

Cadets, never a fan, but I did like their show. A lot of movement and perhaps the clearest sounding horn line of the night.

Show in general, as said earlier, no flag for the national anthem, bad PA, stands too low. I guess I could complain about the humidity too. :thumbup: Actually a pleasant night for drum corps. Everything ran smooth and on time. I still cannot understand why a show with 6 corps needs an intermission. Even with 20 minutes it was impossible to get out of the seats and through the concessions in time.

this reviewer came across like a whiney 13 yr old girl.

#1 what years did you march in Surf? I bet it before 2 years ago.

#2 corps trained staff? what the hell kind of accusation is that? - Crossmen

#3 you did not see a corps yet you attempt to disparage them with a "witty" moniker for Carolina Crown

Cmon - do you have secret hopes of marching in the Cadets and so you feel the need to bash all the other corps?

Sad-O

First off, you're taking it personally. secondly, carolina crown's show is, i think about weed. think about it. it is about overcoming the addiction of it. way to out there for me.

Cavies, IMHO most boring show of the last few years for them. No real "hooks" to get you excited. Remember every year you would tell your friends "wait until you see Cavies do this..." Not this year. Did like the drumline.

It's been a while since I've seen them, but I can recall a number of moments that I can't wait to see again. Since my roommate will be at Semis with me and hasn't seen the show yet, I think I'll be saying exactly what you quoted quite often throughout the night.

this reviewer came across like a whiney 13 yr old girl.

#1 what years did you march in Surf? I bet it before 2 years ago.

#2 corps trained staff? what the hell kind of accusation is that? - Crossmen

#3 you did not see a corps yet you attempt to disparage them with a "witty" moniker for Carolina Crown

Cmon - do you have secret hopes of marching in the Cadets and so you feel the need to bash all the other corps?

Sad-O

Honestly, I can see how you'd think that. It does seem like he wants to be apart of the Cadets, doesn't it?

I don't think we're taking it too personally at all. In fact, I believe that it's the other way around. Though I can't stand a few of the corps traditions, I don't go around telling stories about them to make myself feel better. Instead, I try to be open minded about every show. Most of the shows are very creative this year, and even the ones that aren't are still very good. But, a show about weed... really? Come on, now. :thumbup:

Honestly, I can see how you'd think that. It does seem like he wants to be apart of the Cadets, doesn't it?

I don't think we're taking it too personally at all. In fact, I believe that it's the other way around. Though I can't stand a few of the corps traditions, I don't go around telling stories about them to make myself feel better. Instead, I try to be open minded about every show. Most of the shows are very creative this year, and even the ones that aren't are still very good. But, a show about weed... really? Come on, now. :thumbup:

I dont mean that as a negative, and i have no interest in being a part of the cadets. the second movement in their show is named after a drug that is used to dilute the addiction of drugs. I dont think its that far off, and as i said, i dont mean it as a bad thing. Ive seen both shows before and, as i said in the op, spent most of my time catching up with friends and DCI people that i know. I just was out during those two shows, but i have seen them before. Just not my thing.

Can I have my five minutes back?

Maybe you can do a review when you actually have something to contribute.

I agree! That is a very biased review & a complete waste of my time. Most reviews are not so biased & try to give the readers a brief description of each show instead of bashing a corps that you don't like. :thumbup::drool:

First off, you're taking it personally. secondly, carolina crown's show is, i think about weed. think about it. it is about overcoming the addiction of it. way to out there for me.

You don't know what the heck you are talking about........