Rainouts

With all the talk about how wet this season is and all the rainouts I was wondering how this year compares. I just counted, DCI has had 5 rainouts (3 in June, 1 July 1 and 1 July 11). This does not count practice days, but 5 rainouts in 80 shows (so far) does not seem that bad to me. Am I uninformed, or are you all over reacting?

With all the talk about how wet this season is and all the rainouts I was wondering how this year compares. I just counted, DCI has had 5 rainouts (3 in June, 1 July 1 and 1 July 11). This does not count practice days, but 5 rainouts in 80 shows (so far) does not seem that bad to me. Am I uninformed, or are you all over reacting?

Without counting, I would say we are right on par with previous seasons.

Over reacting?

A majority of the rainouts happened at the beginning of the season.

Here in the midwest we had everyother show rained out......perhaps some of them were not considered DCI shows, but they were rained out.

Several other shows I attended were played with the threat of rain/thunder/lightning in the area.

....this put the midwest corps way behind when we got to the larger shows.

2003 was pretty rainy.

No kidding. And I loved the way it ended. In gawd awful Orlando with even more rain!!

2003 Rainouts:

6-25 Bloomington, IL

7-22 Pascagoula, MS

7-27 Canton, OH

7-29 Charlotte, NC

7-31 Salem, VA

8-3 Warrenton, VA

Yeah, that's pretty bad. And although some shows didn't get rained out, it still rained enough to hurt rehearsal time.