2009 Dayton Summer Classic

Citations in action:

wb7x.jpg

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NICE baritone trio to open Starry Starry Night. Rest of low and middle brass join. Great horn sound.

And, in keeping with the song title, the flags are Van Gogh's Starry Night.

Another beautiful baritone moment. This time, it's a solo to end Starry Starry Night.

Day Danse next. Small horn blocks trading off the melody, similar to '94 BD.

Drum solo now. A little dirty, in my opinion.

Horns backfield again to start Nights in White Satin, which is also in a Latin style, 2nd time tonight.

Horns are a little muddy, mainly in the upper brass. Baris and tubas still sound good, but there's only one more week to the season, so not much time to clean.

Lol - sorry, I've been following your play by play on my phone (and truly appreciate it, since I wish I was with the Citations at each and every show!!!!) - you gave me a chuckle with the leisure suit comment - he's actually supposed to be an artist, and she is his painting come to life in each set (unless of course there was a costume change since the last show in MA)....thanks for the giggle, and keep the posts coming! :lol:

Now playing a Piazzola tango, same one Mandarins are playing this year. Male/female guard pair up front, he's in white "leisure suit", she in red tango dress. Hot stuff.

Staff is having a (figurative) group orgasm in front of me based on that performance. I wasn't as impressed, but I'm off to the side whereas they were front and center. Maybe they heard something I didn't?