2009 Dayton Summer Classic

Uh oh. All but one of the guard is in black, and I think that one guard member's in for a super hero world of hurt...

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guard are now all on two black flags. They just pushed the one super heroine behind the black changing area in the back of side two. Darth Vader would be proud.

Guard back in their colorful superhero costumes and on rifle.

I think this is also a G horn line. That looks like a Super Magnum contra out there, plus the upper brass sounds more open, less like the trumpet sound I hear most of the time.

Guard now on white flags as the corps moves into The Incredits to finish the show.

Pit is really working hard. Fun to watch and they sound great.

Big finish from such a small corps. This is a fun show and Les Stentors makes the most of it. Great job!

I think this is also a G horn line. That looks like a Super Magnum contra out there, plus the upper brass sounds more open, less like the trumpet sound I hear most of the time.

Not trying to open up a debate, because I know we're dealing with lines of different levels of achievement, but how does the sound compare back to back?

If you get a moment, that is... :shutup:

I should also mention that, if you're following me on Twitter, the hash tag for tonight's show tweets is #dcidayton.

Not trying to open up a debate, because I know we're dealing with lines of different levels of achievement, but how does the sound compare back to back?

If you get a moment, that is... :shutup:

To me, the upper register sounds fuller on a G horn line, mainly because the horns are keyed lower than Bb.

Next on the field is 7th Regiment from New London, Connecticut. Their 2009 program is entitled "Excalibur" and consists of:

Liturgical Dances by Holsinger, David

Of Kingsdoms and Glory (Mvt II & V) by DiLorenzo

Dance Movements (Mvt II) by Sparke, Philip

And the mountains rising nowhere by Schwanter

Lavos Battle by Mitsuda; Uematsa

[sHout out to CHristina in the Pit of 7th for her Mom, would be wonderful!!!!!

Just did it. :shutup: