Thanks, Cabs and Cabs Alumni, from MBI

Thanks so much to the Caballeros and Caballeros Alumni!

Minnesota Brass got in touch with Cabs and Alumni to help out a couple of our members who wanted to take a trip to New York City. The alumni bus took two MBI members from Japan, Ikumi Aoki and Yui Sugiyama, to the Big Apple and tour the city.

I talked with Frank Ponzo, Alan Katz, Rich Warga, and Louie Storck. And on August 1st, after the Scranton show, they got our gals to Hawthorne, NJ, where they stayed overnight with a corps member. In the morning Louie got them into NYC where they booked themselves into a hotel, and hoped to see a couple of Broadway shows and the lights of Times Square.

Drum corps people are the best!

---------------

Ikumi and Yui got familiar with Minnesota Brass through YouTube and decided to leave Japan for five months to come march with MBI. They're playing tuba and mellophone for us, and doing a terrific job. We love 'em! They have their own corps in Japan, The Saltydogs.

. That's Yui on flugel and Ikumi plays the tuba. Edited by Roger Grupp

I was wondering who those two were! Glad to hear that the corps could help out!

Sat a few rows behind them on the bus ride back, hope I didn't freak them out too much :rock:

Glad we could help them out! :thumbdown:

Edited by cutlass528

Sat a few rows behind them on the bus ride back, hope I didn't freak them out too much :thumbdown:

I'm sure you toughened them up!

What a great story........a once-in-a-lifetime season for the girls, coupled with a once-in-a-lifetime side trip with new friends.

Thanks for sharing that story.

<br />Thanks so much to the Caballeros and Caballeros Alumni!<br /><br />Minnesota Brass got in touch with Cabs and Alumni to help out a couple of our members who wanted to take a trip to New York City. The alumni bus took two MBI members from Japan, Ikumi Aoki and Yui Sugiyama, to the Big Apple and tour the city.<br /><br />I talked with Frank Ponzo, Alan Katz, Rich Warga, and Louie Storck. And on August 1st, after the Scranton show, they got our gals to Hawthorne, NJ, where they stayed overnight with a corps member. In the morning Louie got them into NYC where they booked themselves into a hotel, and hoped to see a couple of Broadway shows and the lights of Times Square.<br /><br />Drum corps people are the best!<br /><br />---------------<br /><br />Ikumi and Yui got familiar with Minnesota Brass through YouTube and decided to leave Japan for five months to come march with MBI. They're playing tuba and mellophone for us, and doing a terrific job. We love 'em! They have their own corps in Japan, The Saltydogs. <a href="
target="_blank">Check them out on YouTube</a>. That's Yui on flugel and Ikumi plays the tuba.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Roger great getting to talk to you for that little bit of time. Glad we were able to help out. Yes Louie is the best.

See you at Finals.

Chris

Louie is one of the best people I have ever met in all my years in the activity. A class act.

I will agree 100000000000000000000000000000000%

What a great story........a once-in-a-lifetime season for the girls...

They made great use of their time, visiting the Statue of Liberty, and seeing Phantom of the Opera (together), and Chicago and Lion King (separately).

Indianapolis last weekend, and then Racine coming up, followed by South St. Paul and St. Peter 8/22-3. Hmmmm, a successively less exciting itinerary.

Edited by Roger Grupp