Parking at Stadium for DCA Question

Judges and officials have to come and go and frankly have an important job to do... they do park in the alloted area whcih happens to be near the handicapped spaces... and well they should. You'll find my car there too.

OK, we're all riding with Tom. :smile: (Gotta lighten up the mess I made somehow.)

The parking situation at Marina Auto Stadium requires some patience and perserverence... Trust one thing - we will do the best we can. We have an added burden this year from construction shacks and vehicles. The construction inside the stadium is a definite concern. We will work through it and around it... but do ask for patience.

More construction, Hades that'll make me homesick. :thumbdown: Agree with the patience, also both sides (DCA and customers) need as much prior info as possible so we all know what to expect. And that was basically the point of the the thread. Thanks all......

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whoa there Gary... Judges and officials have to come and go and frankly have an important job to do... they do park in the alloted area whcih happens to be near the handicapped spaces... and well they should. You'll find my car there too. This is nothing new. Been going on since before YOU started and you've been around almost as long as I. :thumbdown::smile:

Tom,

I can understand officials that are running all over town needing to be parked near the stadium. But if I can remember correctly...Aren't the same judges judging the first corps to the last corps? Where do they have to go mid show?

whoa there Gary... Judges and officials have to come and go and frankly have an important job to do... they do park in the alloted area whcih happens to be near the handicapped spaces... and well they should. You'll find my car there too. This is nothing new. Been going on since before YOU started and you've been around almost as long as I. :thumbdown::smile:

Tom,

I can understand officials that are running all over town needing to be parked near the stadium. But if I can remember correctly...Aren't the same judges judging the first corps to the last corps anymore? Where do they have to go mid show?

Actually Gary, the judges are brought to the stadium by shuttle from the hotel...

Actually Gary, the judges are brought to the stadium by shuttle from the hotel...

OK...I rest my case. Never being at the show site until the corps I was with got there for warm ups, I really had no idea where the judges parked or how they got there. I know it's a long day for them but I can remember back in the late 50's going to the VFW Nationals. Prelims lasted two days and had the same judges for all the corps. I always wondered how they could be objective judging their 63rd corp of the day. The Tick System probably saved them.

Sorry to create a ruckus.

Wink

lol

you and I are old enough to be forgiven...

I can't imagine doing over 100 corps but it was done in VFW several times... It's impossible to imagine a proper ranking and rating among all... guess they just hoped the winner would be right... explains some of the weird switches from prelims to finals... and just think, Tony Schlecta picked these guys via the "cronyism" method... had nothing to do with ability...

so uh...what's the construction and what impositions will the fans feel?

NO effect on the paying customers! PERIOD!

but

construction continues on the second level luxury boxes... we won't know for some time how much inconvenience this will be to those running the show. Some behind the scenes operations will be different - like where the show workers get fed, where judges are sequestered when they are not in the judging area which is unchanged... where tabulation is done - things like that.

construction continues on the second level luxury boxes... we won't know for some time how much inconvenience this will be to those running the show. Some behind the scenes operations will be different - like where the show workers get fed, where judges are sequestered when they are not in the judging area which is unchanged... where tabulation is done - things like that.

Holy crap this sounds like the October Antique Car Show and car part flea market in Hershey. Last 10-15 years at least one major thing changes due to construction at Hershey Park, Giant Center, parking or HERCO is changing something because they CAN. And somehow the "behind the scene/volunteers" get everything done in spite of whatever. (Worked there for years until I "retired".)

Best of luck to these unsung and usually un-noticed (unless something goes wrong) people at both DCA and DCI.