Open Class Semifinals Live Discussion

This is AWESOME! .. I can only imagine the feeling as you walk out onto that field. By far the largest arena they've played in this summer and to get a Standing O ... WOW WOW WOW .. your son as well as the rest of them have to be on CLOUD 9! If I know the BD staff, and I only do from my son, they'll enjoy this for a bit, then I'm sure it'll be back to work, I can hear it being said "Hey, we have one more show, nothing is finished yet"

Congrats to BDB .. as well as all the corps, I've said it before, I could NEVER do what they do, I'm just in aw of what they've accomplished and been a part of this summer!

Edit .. I'm JEALOUS as well!! LOL

Yes, the echo effect was real. No, I didn't see any obvious impacts, such as phasing, that you would expect.

Yes, BDB gave exceptional shows, that could rival some of the WC shows that I have seen this year. This should only add fuel to the debate, as to whether OC corps should compete in WC QFs.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For any of you BDB parents... if you speak to your kids before finals tomorrow let them know that Bob (former trumpet player) wishes them good luck!

Thanks Bob...I just texted her your message...She called me after they were in the buses and said she was ecstatic and exhausted at the same time. They were going to take a break and have an after dinner block. They are really fired up for tomorrow.....

So, it'd have to be 0% chance of rain with not a cloud in the sky?

Sounds like a load of crap to me!

Roof definitely should have been open for the whole show. Conditions outside were impeccable - 80-ish degrees and no wind.

Overall impressions of the day:

VK -excellent show, and solid great crowd reaction. Not just a comedy corps anymore. Definitely deserve a spot in finals.

CR - solid,powerful brass line. Another candidate to move to WC. ~ am sure this is in Rick Bays' plans.

Oregon - excellent marching, and solid all-around sound. Glad they were able to make it, Hopefully, this outfit will get its financial act together, so we see them each year.

Teal - if you are a teal supporter, do us both a favor, please don't read this review. I really disliked the show. The rock band, vocalizations, and other electronics, were just too much. It took away from the show, not added to it. Hopefully, when they move on to Open Class, they will move back to amore conventional show, and concentrate on fundamentals. If I wanted to see a rock concert, I will buy a ticket to a rock concert., not to a drum corps show.

By contrast, Citations had a solid, traditional show that was really clean. It may just have been the cleanest show overall.

SCVC - pure class, all around. Pure refinement. They deserve the Vanguard name. The show has no weaknesses. Seriously, this outfit could compete in OC..

And finally, BDB. If they don't win tomorrow, I will be extremely surprised. Great GE, and I felt the best drumline all day. They got the standing ovation - and it was richly deserved. Ironically, there are portions visually that could be cleaned.

And Music City breaks 80. I've heard good things about them. Still behind 7th Regiments's score from Tuesday, but it may be enough today as there have been some scores going up some going down.

A fine show. Clearly, this outfit has real potential. Sorry they didn"t make it to finals. Don't let that discouarage you. Keep the old-school design, add some additional horns and guard, and next year, you'll be playing on the last Saturday of the year. Lots of people in the DBC community are pulling for you.

Wow .. the holsinger into the Copland is being performed with a LOT of energy. Nice sustaining of phrases. A few ticks that were noticeable in the trumpets and guard, but well done overall.

Nice energy on the ending star .... I like this show.

WTG REVOLUTION!!!

And I thought the 87 score was fair. The best Revo show of the year. A few things visually could have been cleaner. Guard has made big strides since July.

And as I have always stated in this forum, I am a Revo parent, and I am completely biased and unfair.

Teal - if you are a teal supporter, do us both a favor, please don't read this review. I really disliked the show. The rock band, vocalizations, and other electronics, were just too much. It took away from the show, not added to it. Hopefully, when they move on to Open Class, they will move back to amore conventional show, and concentrate on fundamentals. If I wanted to see a rock concert, I will buy a ticket to a rock concert., not to a drum corps show.

THIS