2009 DCI Open Class Finals

Heh, he bent over like it was the heaviest object he's ever held when he first grabbed the sword. Do some more pushups, man! :tongue:

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent crescendo to the release on the final chord of the ballad. Now into Philip Sparke's Dance Movements. "Arthur" has traded in Excalibur for a trumpet.

Various soloists finish the piece as the rest of the horns strike a pose.

Next piece has the guard battling out front as the horns and drums build very slowly into what appears to be the drum solo.

Full out solo now, complete with body movement in the drum line. Horns just stabbed some of the guard to death with their flags. Drum corps sure like violence against women. :tongue:

Horns now on side two, tempo is up considerably as we build into the final push of the show.

I think somebody lost a shoe. I see something on the field which looks shoe shaped.

Great way to end the season, 7th!

And now a word from our sponsors - the Drum Corps World commercial is now playing on the big screen. Quick shout out for one of my drum corps bosses today, Steve Vickers, as I will be writing the official review of today's show for DCW.

Next on the field is Memphis Sound from Memphis, Tennessee and Grand Prairie, Texas. Their 2009 program is entitled "Celebrations... rebirth of a Planet" and consists of:

Theme from Earth Day by Williams, Patrick

Appalachian Morning by Halley, Paul

Palladio by Jenkins, Karl

Overture to a New Age by de Haan, Jan

Horns now on side two, tempo is up considerably as we build into the final push of the show.

I think somebody lost a shoe. I see something on the field which looks shoe shaped.

Great way to end the season, 7th!

And now a word from our sponsors - the Drum Corps World commercial is now playing on the big screen. Quick shout out for one of my drum corps bosses today, Steve Vickers, as I will be writing the official review of today's show for DCW.

Kevin,

Thanks for the play-by-play. Next best thing to being there (well, after live stream which is not happening for finals)

GO 7th

Memphis is a similar size as 7th Regiment with 15 horns. Their pit is not amped.

Lots of yelling for Mempho. They've got a good base behind them today.

Opening chords built from the bottom up. Excellent tone quality and attacks from each section.

Horns turn backfield during a trumpet solo fanfare, then turn back front for the climax of the intro.

Now into Appalacian Morning. Love this piece. Trumpet soli on the melody line as percussion plays on the other side of the field.

Upper brass having some issues while moving. Hearing a few fracks from the trumpets.

Company front! First of the day!