From 1st to 8th?

If Regiment places 8th or 9th tonight they will have the biggest placement drop after winning a championship in DCI's history.

Here's are the others:

Madison Scouts 1988 1st 1989 7th

SCV 1989 1st 1990 6th

Cadets 1990 1st 1991 6th

Interesting that they are all in a 4 year span.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's shame, but they are going to live and die by the choices they make with visual designers who are in house and not the best available.

I like your avatar, BTW! Spirit 2003 Semis show was one of the best I have ever seen and rivals the emotional level of many great shows in the past. Plus, the trumpet line was off the hook that year! :tongue:

well Regiment's probably not going to change dramatically in visual any time soon. it's not their biggest priority...never has, never will be.

i think for a corps with a bunch of 17 and 18 year olds who have never marched corps in their lives...they're doing pretty ###### good.

Are they really "a bunch or 17 and 18 year olds who have never marched corps in their lives?"

I doubt that SERIOUSLY. Do you have any proof of that?

I would imagine that the best marchers/players in the country tried out for PR this year. On top of them usually having 400+ audition, they just came off of the best season in the corps history. Arugably the best show in the history of DCI.

I do not believe that this corps is fielded by young rookies.

Edited by jblamb1401

well Regiment's probably not going to change dramatically in visual any time soon. it's not their biggest priority...never has, never will be.

i think for a corps with a bunch of 17 and 18 year olds who have never marched corps in their lives...they're doing pretty ###### good.

I agree, but that's giving PR an excuse because they have younger kids this year. So do Coats, Boston, HNC,Crown, etc. Truth is if the visual design was better, you don't think they would be in 4th or 5th with these same overachieving 17 and 18 year olds?

Very few work as hard as Regiment, and they can overcome any performance issue, but not a poor design. And, it will never be the priority, so they will have to deal with many ups and downs again in the future. It's too bad cuz the music side is SOOO good! Shouldn't be that hard to come up with a decent design to complement that. Even a top 6 or 7 visual would keep them in the top 4 or 5 every year with that music program.

We have to stop giving excuses to the design team and expect them to provide a better design for the amazing kids that march Phantom! They pay too much money and blood and sweat to have to learn second rate drill! I think we can agree on that, right?

I wanna see them win every other year like Devs and do it with great music and they can, if they get a great visual design team.

Edited by trumpetcam

To be honest they don't have 8th locked up--they'll probably get ninth. I don't think its a shame at all that their placement has dropped this year. What we have is a situation like '92-- when regiment was 8th after getting 3rd the previous year. Everyone else's show rocks this year-- THIS IS A GREAT YEAR IN DCI. Did you see all the age outs on the field last night-- how many regiment age outs did you see? Not too many. Cadets and Blue Devils probably had 40 each--Carolina Crown had many more than Phantom.

Are they really "a bunch or 17 and 18 year olds who have never marched corps in their lives?"

I doubt that SERIOUSLY. Do you have any proof of that?

I would imagine that the best marchers/players in the country tried out for PR this year. On top of them usually having 400+ autidion, they just came off of the best season in the corps history. Arugably the best show in the history of DCI.

I do not believe that this corps is fielded by young rookies.

well, i'm not sure why someone on staff (who I spent time with while helping out one day) would tell me a lie. it's not a huge number...more like 20-25, iirc. if you remember from Treuman's blogs/vlogs, he said there were like what...30-ish vets returning to the hornline this year. Regiment's young this year...and still doing well considering.

it's not a cop-out, just a fact. it's difficult enough with their visual design not being up to the standards of their music (think how awesome that would be if they had both at the same level!?!), but doesn't help when you're breaking in several newbies to the activity at the same time.

To be honest they don't have 8th locked up--they'll probably get ninth. I don't think its a shame at all that their placement has dropped this year. What we have is a situation like '92-- when regiment was 8th after getting 3rd the previous year. Everyone else's show rocks this year-- THIS IS A GREAT YEAR IN DCI. Did you see all the age outs on the field last night-- how many regiment age outs did you see? Not too many. Cadets and Blue Devils probably had 40 each--Carolina Crown had many more than Phantom.

with the judging panel in place for tonight...i'm expecting 9th as almost a certainty. i also expect BD to win.

I don't think there's any arguing about the talent level of PR's auditionees.

To say that their corps is fielded by high schoolers with no DCI experience is a cop-out.

I have a hard time believing that.

It really sucks that they're having such a bad year. I think their show design and staff is more to blame.