Remembering a champion from years past

Fran,

That show was great. I remember Patriots had practice that night and Carmen telling us that anyone not going to practice and going to that show would get kicked out of the corps.

LOL

I think thirty of us went to the show that night.

What a line-up

Blue Devils

Garfield Cadets

Phantom Regiment

27th Lancers

Bridgemen

I think maybe Freelancers too ??

God, Im getting old

Geoffrey

That's whay we have CorpsReps.com!

Friday August 13, 1982

Bayonne NJ DCI

Position Corps Score

1 Blue Devils 93.850

2 Garfield Cadets 91.550

3 Phantom Regiment 91.250

4 Bridgemen 87.150

5 27th Lancers 86.150

Garry in Vegas

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! As a marching member of the drumline in both '81 and '82, it was such a joy to end my drum corps career, (with the exception of marching with the Renegades Sr. corps), on such a great note! Reading your experiences about the '82 year has touched my heart and it's great to hear that so many enjoyed the show!

And I love that story about Laura just dropping her equipment and saying "#### You" - I wanted to do that so many times when I marched - but never had the guts

I'm sure Laura thought about it for a few minutes. But not much more than that.

Laura would've aged out with the 87 Blue Devils had she kept marching with the corps. She loved the Blue Devils and loved dancing in the guard. I can recall her practicing endlessly in the front yard toss the rifle and flag around. She was intense, non-stop practicing.

The great thing is my parents were thrilled we were both in the Blue Devils. We both feel fortunate to have been part of an incredible organization and certainly are excited at their continued success.

Laura would've aged out with the 87 Blue Devils had she kept marching with the corps.

Why did she choose not to? That may be too personal a question, and please don't hesitate to say so. (You may have alluded to it earlier, when she stopped because she felt she was done, but then came back to share your age-out year with you.)

I think for those of us outside such a great organization, it's baffling as to why anyone wouldn't do it right up till they couldn't do it anymore.

She loved being in the Blue Devils, but wasn't as "into it" as the rest of us. She just decided she wanted to work and hang out with her friends from outside of corps.

Very understandable, Rob. I'm not sure I would've "got it" then, but I do now.

Oh, those guard uniforms! They caused such a stir in the guard world...not ripples, a tsunami!

Just an incredible performance by BD in 82...amazing, outstanding, jaw-dropping...there aren't enough superlatives!

A very well deserved guard title ........The variety of equilment, the "dancing" in th eopener ...it was so classy, professional, and as Sally stated, those uniforms, still only one year old were so controversial and radical, for the time.

The streamer poles, spider web double silks, purple wings.......left many breathless at the talent and ability of that colorguard.

I remember that drill and that field coverage.....

I love seeing people on here that marched that year, if only they knew what that shoe means/meant to me and many of us.

G

if only they knew what that shoe means/meant to me and many of us.

G

Thank you, Ed Sullivan.

Thank you, Ed Sullivan.

LOL, I had to think about that for a second! :throwupen: