GIANT DCI RINGS

Ya know I was re-watching Semis and I noticed that DCI rings keep getting larger and larger compared to when I marched they are almost like a brass knuckle now. I was just thinking if this trend continues the rings will have to come in a gift set complete with a pimp cane and a hat designed by "Huggy Bear"!!

OK, Taters. You are the person to ask, former BD and all.

Do Blue Devils size for the rings with the glove on (how else can you wear it on the field)? And are the Blue Devils the only corps that wear the ring on the field?

Edited by Dr.Mickey

OK, Taters. You are the person to ask, former BD and all.

Do Blue Devils size for the rings with the glove on (how else can you wear it on the field)? And are the Blue Devils the only corps that wear the ring on the field?

LOL..believe it or not we don't size them with the gloves on. However, your fingers are a little fatter by the banquet and a little skinnier by the end of a season so it works! :-)..Seriously though they aren't to hard to shove over a glove. As for who and who does not wear the ring.. I would say BD is the only corps that allows the members to wear them in a visible way that I am aware of. I am sure other peeps wear them under the gloves or on chains around the neck under the bibbers.

To be honest I don't know any other corps whose members wear their rings at all while performing.

Regiment did, but under the gloves. At least a few did, I saw them in Atlanta.

It's a BD thing. They have done it for years. My advice is win enough and the other corps too can wear theirs on the outside. Not a slam, just fact.

Congrats to all and to BD on lucky No.13!

Edited by trumpetcam

Regiment did, but under the gloves. At least a few did, I saw them in Atlanta.

It's a BD thing. They have done it for years. My advice is win enough and the other corps too can wear theirs on the outside. Not a slam, just fact.

I think the Cavs' 2005 drum major would have looked kind of awkward conducting with 4 rings on his hand.

I dunno, I guess it's just a corps culture thing, but it strikes me as funny.