Show Concepts for 2010 Carolina Crown

I don't know if they could get the copyright, but I would love to see Crown play sections of the "Lord of the Rings" Trilogy by Howard Shore. I think Phantom could also play this music well. What do you guys/gals think?

I don't know if they could get the copyright, but I would love to see Crown play sections of the "Lord of the Rings" Trilogy by Howard Shore. I think Phantom could also play this music well. What do you guys/gals think?

What I think is that whenever anyone mentions that suite, I can't help but think of the lyrics me and the other trombones in my local orchestra came up with for that main theme in "The Hobbit".

"Oh, I am a big fat happy Hobbit, watch Me Drink some Beer!"

"He is a big fat happy Hobbit, watch Him Drink some Beer!"

I think that that music is not conductive to the field.

I think Johan DeMeij's Symphony No. 1 "Lord of the Rings" based on musical character-sketches would suit them better and tie in well with CC's show this year.

In keeping with recent concepts of horsies and grass, I'd like to suggest Glass' Low Symphony as a music source.

Something to do with ethnic Pacific Island music would be awesome too, especially if they threw in McPhee's Tabuh-Tabuhan.

A medieval show could be cool.

So would a hymn show.

I think that that music is not conductive to the field.

I think Johan DeMeij's Symphony No. 1 "Lord of the Rings" based on musical character-sketches would suit them better and tie in well with CC's show this year.

Good luck getting de Meij to agree to that.

That would be the perfect way to get me to never listen to a Crown show every again....

"Re-Vengence"

Parados (from Medea)

Kantikos Agonias (from Medea)

Allegro (from Music for Strings, Percussion and Celeste)

Dance of Vengence (from Medea)

:)

UGH!!

Crown is not star, star was not crown, crown will never be star, star will never be replaced by crown...