An Amazingly LONG Streak Comes To An End

This marked the first season since 1968 that the Madison Scouts didn't win any contests.

Each year 1969-2008 the Scouts had won at least one contest, giving them 40 consecutive years with at least one victory.

Santa Clara currently has a 42-year streak going, having won at least one contest in each season 1968-2009.

Both the Blue Devils and Phantom Regiment currently have 39-year streaks going, having won at least one contest each year 1971-2009.

With all the negative about Madison this year I guess it's time to salute what was an amazing 40-year accomplishment.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A win is a win.

It speaks to the consistency of the corps over the years competing at such a high level.

Exactly!

I should add that the Cavaliers now have a streak of 36 straight years. They failed to win any in 1973, but have won in each season since then.

The Cadets have a 30-year string going, having gone the 1980-2009 seasons with wins in each.

I disagree.

A win is a win.

It speaks to the consistency of the corps over the years competing at such a high level.

in 2006 (edit: should be 2007, duh) they beat the Troopers and Pioneer to finish 1st at a show. Doesn't mean the Scouts were at a high level.

Edited by soccerguy315

I think Madison should take a season off and regroup.Troopers went inactive for one season in 06 and are back in finals now.

Maybe a clean slate is what Madison needs to get back into contention.

in 2006 they beat the Troopers and Pioneer to finish 1st at a show. Doesn't mean the Scouts were at a high level.

Just because they didn't always have wins over the top corps does not diminish the accomplishment.

There is quite a group of corps on the field who haven't won ANY contests for a LONG time!

I don't think they won any in 2008 actually. On Corpsreps.com they have 5 "1"s in 2008. However, the Stillwater, Mankato and Madison shows are all listed twice (the second of each being the "1"), but the link takes you to the correct scores. Then the Seiverville show was rained out, so that doesn't count, and as far as I can tell they weren't even at the Coon Rapids show, which they are also listed to have won.

However, 1968-2007 is still 40 consecutive years, but the streak ended last year, not this year.

I think Madison should take a season off and regroup.Troopers went inactive for one season in 06 and are back in finals now.

Maybe a clean slate is what Madison needs to get back into contention.

a year off can kill a corps. madison has its finances in order from what ive heard. why take a year off?

in 2006 they beat the Troopers and Pioneer to finish 1st at a show. Doesn't mean the Scouts were at a high level.

I think you mean 2007... It would have been hard to beat the Troopers in 06... :)