Average age

This is not a knock on any one corps or even all corps. I just wonder how many open corps have age outs and what each corps average age is. I know that Colt Cadets have kids 11years old on up, and some with NO trainng or time on any instrument. What is your corps average age, and where there actual ageouts marching your open corps this year? just curious as some of the open corps looked older than the rest.

Edited by 84skyrydr

Raiders had 3 ageouts.

Music City had about 6 ageouts from what I could see.

Raiders probably had an average age of 17 or 18. Many hornlines members were in high school, many of which were graduating seniors. The drumline had mostly college students around 19 with a few high schoolers. Colorguard had a variety of age differences.

Music City was probably one of, if not the, oldest corps in open class. None under 17.

We had 4 age-outs, One tenor, one cymbal, and one front ensemble all were rook-outs with us (after having marched with other corps), and one 4 year vet of Memphis Sound.

We were a pretty young corps this year, average age of about 16.5 I would imagine. We had 2 14 year olds (turned 15 in the summer, our center two snares), and 1 22 year old (bonus year)

Thanks, its just interesting to know. Why? I don't know, but it is.

Capital Regiment had 4 Age-outs. Our average age was about 17 years old.

I don't know about this year. But in the past Blue Saints have usualy been a very young corps with very few age outs, I started when I was 10. The year I started was a rebuilding year, very young corps with a lot of rookies.

Citations had six age-outs.

Our drum major

3 in the pit

One from the guard

And our trumpet soloist

The youngest member of our corps this season was 14 though I'd say the average age is around 17 or 18