Corps to watch out for in 2010

Need to watch out for ummmm hmmmmm wellllllll, come on cyrstal ball clear that fog up..... it's getting clearer..... I see.... I see..... all corps being better, I see fans yapping on west coast inflation, I see early season upsets.... I see a surprise entity causing a major "moment" at finals.........it's fading... I lost it.....

Guess we'll have to wait and see what the corps of summer have in store next year

Need to watch out for ummmm hmmmmm wellllllll, come on cyrstal ball clear that fog up..... it's getting clearer..... I see.... I see..... all corps being better, I see fans yapping on west coast inflation, I see early season upsets.... I see a surprise entity causing a major "moment" at finals.........it's fading... I lost it.....

Guess we'll have to wait and see what the corps of summer have in store next year

I did include a disclaimer didn't I? :thumbup:

I'm gonna have to wait for some staff announcements.. but at the top I think SCV is coming back into play which is awesome and I hope they keep it up. Crossmen and Madison need to make some changes.. they both messed up by not continuing to play the game... whatever that means... take it how you wish, lol. With Bones and Scouts it all depends on changes and retention.. if they can get enough vets to come back, which may be tough after a year like this, and they make the right changes, watch out...

I think we need to watch out for every corps... cause things are very competitive the past two years from first to last.

You are correct that Xmen and Scouts need to get their act together from the TOP down. Those kids march their XXX's off and the upper mgmt seems clueless. After awhile our member said that he was done. Staff just not get it. Esp the Director

Although it's impossible to know how a corps is going to do next season before that season even starts, I'd like to see peoples' opinions on what corps they think (hope) are really going to come out and surprise us in 2010.

I'd like to start with the Mandarins. I was really impressed with the show they put on this year after being second to last in the World Class for the past two years. Their show really got me to start paying attention to the lower-ranked corps in the World Class. I think if they can put on a show that good with an undersized corps, they could potentially challenge for a spot at finals with a full corps. I am now officially a Mandarins fan just as much as I'm a Blue Devils fan or a Santa Clara Vanguard fan, and I think that says a lot.

Anyways, your thoughts?

Personally I am a Crown fan, so id say watch out for them, just unsure of how the ageouts will hurt them or help them, personally I think The Academy would definately be a problem, for the top 12 anyhow, they will probably get in at the rate their going in my view

That's exactly what I guessed for 2009, but they proved me wrong. REALLY wrong. I have high hopes for them this year.

Their issues to overcome will be 52 ageouts, and an abnormally high number of non-returning vets.

Their issues to overcome will be 52 ageouts, and an abnormally high number of non-returning vets.

You marched this past year? So you've talked to members of the hornline who told you they're not coming back? You must be friends with a lot of people in the organization.

Do you not recall reading the same thing on DCP about Bluecoats after 2006 ad nauseum? And their streak stretched back to '99.

I don't mind saying that to what Bluecoats have done since 2006. Amazing shows each year since and before 06.

You marched this past year? So you've talked to members of the hornline who told you they're not coming back? You must be friends with a lot of people in the organization.

All I know is that they had a rough season (especially the drumline) and that many will be looking elsewhere to march in 2010.