Bones is really George Hopkins. :cool:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bones is really George Hopkins. :cool:

Sigh....

that was a sigh after a lot of laughter,

and I neglected to click on this before because I thought it was just going to be a negative thread about ticks...

Its never worth it to be that guy, because everyone secretly hates that guy. If you're not sure who that guy is in your corps, it's probably you, and you may want to think about not coming back next year, or stop sucking because nobody likes you. Also, that guy can be a female, but should still be referred to as that guy.

Wait....are we talking about something else??? :cool::tongue:

I think you're thinking of the other guy. That guy is way cool. The other guy is a moron.

In the 2009 DCI Souvenir Yearbook, there is an article on Corps Customs. The Stories Behind Some of Drum Corps' Most Enduring and Mysterious Rites and Rituals. by Christina "Mav" Mavroudis

There is a section on Mascots:

PP122 and 124

Whethere you're talking about sports teams or marching musical groups, mascots are usually at events to entertain the fans. Not "Bones", the character who appears at various Crossmen performances throughout the Summer. He shows up not for the audience but for the corps members.

With his face covered by skeleton mask, Bones' true identity remains a mystery. His costume, taken from various elements of the corps' attire, includes a red-lined cape, red-and-white-stripped belts across the chest and an Aussie-style hat. Traditionally, he makes a sudden suprise appearance in the back stands and extends his cape as the Crossmen take the field.

Started by an unknown fan in the early '80s, the character was originally dubbed "The Phantom" and wore the corps' grey '70s-style uniform. Though created outside the official Crossmen organization, Bones is now a firm tradition. "It is a spectacle in every sense of the word; one that inifies the Crossmen family," says alum Gary Cuzzocrea. "You feel an immediate connection to everyone around you, that you are part of something very special-something much bigger than just you."

Let the conjecture and guessing cease.

When you see him in the stands, it's very spooky.

Bones......that guy from Phantom Regiment..... NONE OF THESE MASCOTS COMPARE TO CROWNS!!!!

I don't care how long Bones had been around........ Crown's mascot identifies the corps and the asskickery that they are about to perform!

I cannot wait for him to show up in front of the black curtain next year!

burger-king.jpg

And what about the Bluecoats' boxing announcer last year?

He was a trumpet alternate. The design staff decided an announcer/referee would be appropriate in early July, so they used him there because he was already on tour. Once they got the tuxedo fitted for him he joined the corps on the field for shows.

For one reason or another the gentlemen you're referring to was unable to march the show. He ran the met and played the Shofar. I can't comment on if he paid full dues.

But, if he signed a contract, traveled thousands of miles, and ate 4 meals a day, then why not pay full or close to full dues?

Ah ok thanks for the clarification.

That makes sense, no matter how much of a role he played in the show he still did a full tour.

Michael Boo... it is not nice to talk about yourself in such a way....

I'm not the other guy. I'm the guy.