Actual 30-Year-Old Poll Results

Muchachos didn't tour much in 74 and 75 in comparison to other Midwest and Western Corps because we didn't have the money. There were a lot of corps from NJ and we even shared the town and the resources of the Cabaleros. We were not allowed to have Bingo and fund raising was very limited. But most people in the activity knew of the corps and the shows we had performed in order to make a judgement as to where we stood. Since in 74 we beat every DCI corps at least once and in 75... well you can have your own opinions about where that show stands in history.

I remember that show in 74. The DCI after show. We left the parking lot rocking our busses and screaming, "We're Number 3!!!"

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BD 1979-overrated. Great horns, and clean, but that drill? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

And my favorite show ever, Phantom 78 ain't even on the list.

Listening over the years, I have begrudgingly come to the conclusion that PR should have won in 78 based on performance. Madison of should have been second. Actual finish was 1 SCV, 2 PR, 3 BD, 4 MS

BD 1979-overrated. Great horns, and clean, but that drill? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Thats a surprise to me. First of all youre right BD was superclean in 79. You listen to the parts of the show they repeated from 78 and theres no comparison how much better they are in 79. But I thought there visal was pretty kick ### actually. One of the coolest moments for me was the uncurling spirals during "Free".

Thats a surprise to me. First of all youre right BD was superclean in 79. You listen to the parts of the show they repeated from 78 and theres no comparison how much better they are in 79. But I thought there visal was pretty kick ### actually. One of the coolest moments for me was the uncurling spirals during "Free".

Its nice to hear that, as we spent many an hour trying to clean those things. I have no idea what they were like early in the season - probably looked like scatter drill.