The Rite of Spring on the Field?

There never were plans for a show in 94. The agreement to do Brass Theater was signed off in early July in 03. There was some talk that if the corps came back out at a later date....Rite of Spring was an ideal piece to come back blasting with. I was all for a very less than covered guard! :tongue:

Rite of Spring HAS been on the field.

2000 Phantom Regiment.

The color guard was clothed. :tongue:

It's not just Phantom. According to Corpsreps.com, Cavies, Cadets, Blue Devils and others have played the piece, all with fully clothed color guards.

Hey, if we're supposed to be the "art" people claim drum corps to be, you're right!

It might be a good idea to take this thread down that road; what constitutes "too controversial" in regards to show design?

This goes beyond amps or electronics or whatever if you pose the question in regards to show concept: shows about WWII and Vietnam are okay . . .would one about the Iraq war be received the same way?

. . .and so on.

I did that already...

It wasn't a good idea :tongue:

Star's show in 94 was supposedly going to be Rite of Spring if they were to field a corps.

It's what they passed out to Regiment to play in November that year, but the lineup was completely changed by December.

Funny, I was listening to it the other day and was wondering which corps would do it justice.

Probably Crown or SCV I'd imagine. Probably SCV.

Phantom would do a good job, I'm sure.

Devils (not that I think they'd touch it) would probably intersperse it with The Rake's Progress and Symphony of Pslams...and a little Gershwin!

Rite of Spring HAS been on the field.

2000 Phantom Regiment.

The color guard was clothed. :tongue:

Thats what I was thinking