DCA SOUTH OPINION

DCA SOUTH  

90 members have voted

1. 1. who is the biggest thread in the south?

• Corpsvets
    • Music City Legend
    • Alliance
  2. 2. Who have the best most entertaining show this season?

• Corpsvets
    • Music City Legend
    • Alliance
  3. 3. Is Alliance having the best year for a new Open class Corps?

• Yes
    • No

HHmmm.......the wheels are already turning in this brain. And, as much as MCL would LOVE to host this Super Big Fantastic DCA Super Regional, are we accomplishing the location being in the center of the universe for the outer-lying corps? Although, if Paducah is the center of the universe, it is only about 1.5 hours from Nashville. Not bad.

This proposed regional show should be in a city and venue that has a potential for turning a profit.

A marketing survey is certainly in order here.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it is interesting that CV could be beating the Brigs and Bush early in the season (maybe they just came out really clean), and now they are getting 7 pointed by a group that they originally beat by 5... not sure if that makes a lot of sense. I agree about the comment that the spreads are based off the first corps out. Nothing personal against them, but when you are Open Class corps going on after last year's 22nd place group, it seems like over kill if you beat them by 30 points (though 27 isn't much better).

We shall see. Hopefully the judges get it right on Prelims, otherwise, there may be a VERY good group sitting out of Finals. Personally, I thought MCL could have made finals last year. This year they are better... and so are the other southern groups. So where do they belong?

Side note - this is why it is important for southern corps to travel north, or find a way to make shows more appealing to northern corps to travel. They need those direct comparisons.

It is obvious that both Brigs and Bush had very disappointing early seasons, but now have their act together--tonight they have switched places yet again in the standings, this one is really too close to call. I am sure the southern corps will tighten up with the northern corps once everyone is together.

Bill

It is obvious that both Brigs and Bush had very disappointing early seasons, but now have their act together--tonight they have switched places yet again in the standings, this one is really too close to call. I am sure the southern corps will tighten up with the northern corps once everyone is together.

Bill

Agreed... I guess my opinion is coming from a recent video of the Brigs that was shot online. Don't get me wrong, it was good... but it left something to be desired. It is my eduated opinion, but I think there is a southern group that could top both of these groups. Don't ask me which one, but I think that we could see an "MBI" happen this year in the lower tier of the Top 10.

Exciting stuff!