Differing Opinions on the Past Operations of the Madison Scouts

Here you go guys. Have at it.

:worthy:

Sure I'll bite.

The legend Scott Stewart vs. The legend Jim Mason

Scott:

Laid back, communicator, very positive, nurturing, extremely focused and driven by his image of what Madison IS.

Jim:

Intense, communicator, very positive yet stern, disciplinarian, extremely focused and driven, knows what it IS to be a Scout.

Slight personality differences. Both were master communicators. Both are very driven individuals.

I think Jim will push the corps to higher limits on a more consistent basis due to his edge when things aren't happening the way they should. Scott (to his credit) was more about finding the solution with tact and composure (sleeping on it). I won't say Jim will handle things the same way. He is more about instant results and immediate rectification of deficiencies. Both mens results truly speak for themselves. I see a sharp and extended return to glory IN A BIG WAY!

I'll refrain from commenting on any of the short term directors that followed Mr. Stewart. They either didn't have enough time to see their vision come to shape, or were ultimately a detriment to the success of the organization.

Uh...The past operations of the Madison Scouts are—as the title of the thread implies—past.

Scouts have turned a new and exciting corner. Looking forward is the only way to go right now. Looking back can only stir up opinions and feelings that would be counterproductive to what the corps management is trying to accomplish right now.

This is just a personal opinion, but why rain on their parade by pitting one side against the other at this time of renewed hope?

I actually started the thread so that the folks that kept bring up past issues could have a place to do that rather than keeping on with dumping into, what otherwise, should be a time to enjoy some positive developments for our corps.

I really don't have too much interest in this thread at all.

I actually started the thread so that the folks that kept bring up past issues could have a place to do that rather than keeping on with dumping into, what otherwise, should be a time to enjoy some positive developments for our corps.

I really don't have too much interest in this thread at all.

Neither do the flame-throwers, apparently. :laughing:

Edited by BigBadMadMan

Just to summarize all the previous arguments and poo-flinging:

Scott was a saint

Scott was the devil

Sal was a saint

Sal was the devil

Yup, that pretty much covers it. Topic closed. Let's all go have some brats and beers.

Edited by vferrera

Neither do the flame-throwers, apparently. :unsure:

IMO, Most of the flame throwing has been coming from you (and a few others) and directed at Sal. While Sal probably made some mistakes, I will continue to defend all the positive things he did for the Madison Scouts. And, to blame him personally for all the PAST financial transgressions of the corps is very misguided IMO. You seem to think my defense of Sal is an attack on the corps. You sound like Michelle Bachman by implying that I'm AntiMadison because I don't agree with your position. That's far from the truth. I love the Madison Scouts and am as excited as anyone by the announcements today. IMO, CK has his s### together, and is putting a winner in place. Now as vferrera said, it's time for a beer and some brats. :laughing: Maybe this is the day when the page really turns, and we can ALL celebrate.

Edited by oldtimedrummer

i loved when Sal was at Scouts.