Glassmen whats going on ?

I really enjoyed the Glassmen of 2009. The program was very well put together, and they made excellent changes during the season. What impressed me the most was the improvement in their brass sound. They used a lot of space, which made it tough from a EA standpoint. Overall though, I though they were much improved.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think that I would know the answer to this question but I don't , everything is top secret as usual . The website has been down for sometime now and they claim it's a serious server error ?

Any thoughts on this ?

My thoughts are that it's probably a serious server error. :thumbup:

:thumbup: You would think that everything would be upbeat and exciting with

this corps apparently not so !

If this was December, I'd be concerned.

Am I the only one old enough to remember when corps members didn't know what was going on until Thanksgiving at the earliest? And when recruiting kicked in sometime after Christmas? And how corps learned where they were going for their first show after they got on the bus and were heading out of the parking lot? And how we learned the scores from those first shows when the carrier pigeons got back to their roost? And how the great hurricane of 1975 blew all the pigeons off course and they delivered the scores to Henry Kissinger's poolside cabana?

When I saw the thread title, I thought maybe Glassmen decided to release their 2010 show info now.

What's Goin' On - The Music of Marvin Gaye.

I just got this response to an email I sent a Glassmen official asking about their website issue.

" Everything is fine with the Glassmen and they are preparing for the 2010 season with great excitement - there is a problem with the server and it is being remedied as soon as possible - announcements will be coming soon regarding 2010."

So there it is guys. A problem with the server, nothing more.

My thoughts are that it's probably a serious server error. :rolleyes:

We should take the Glassmen's response at face value? ...without searching for the deep dark conspiracy to shield us from the real meaning of this cryptic statement about a "serious" "server" error? I'm not sure I can get my head around that idea.

Nothing in drum corps is as it seems.

And I hold Hop personally responsible for this outrage. He's obviously getting even for something by bringing the Glassmen organization to its knees.

EDIT: reading this back, somebody's going to take me seriously, I can tell. I AM KIDDING.

If this was December, I'd be concerned.

Am I the only one old enough to remember when corps members didn't know what was going on until Thanksgiving at the earliest? And when recruiting kicked in sometime after Christmas? And how corps learned where they were going for their first show after they got on the bus and were heading out of the parking lot? And how we learned the scores from those first shows when the carrier pigeons got back to their roost? And how the great hurricane of 1975 blew all the pigeons off course and they delivered the scores to Henry Kissinger's poolside cabana?

No, you're not the only one old enough to remember all of these things.

Thirty years ago, this was catch-up-on-our-sleep time for corps staffs. We wouldn't have even gotten the Drum Corps World with the show reports from DCI championship (the third weekend in August) yet, so some devoted DCI fans still wouldn't even know who won.

Edited by Peel Paint

Their is something going on and it should be announced in the next few days. The Cadets and Glassmen are merging to become:

The Holy Toledo Cadets

yep, heard it here first !

I just got this response to an email I sent a Glassmen official asking about their website issue.

" Everything is fine with the Glassmen and they are preparing for the 2010 season with great excitement - there is a problem with the server and it is being remedied as soon as possible - announcements will be coming soon regarding 2010."

So there it is guys. A problem with the server, nothing more.

cant wait to hear the announcements :rolleyes:

From the Gmen site. Way to go to DCP... :thumbs-up:

Despite rumors to the contrary - the GLASSMEN are okay and doing fine here in Toledo. We are dealing with a major server error (just about fixed), and a lengthy website migration to our new internet home.

Please watch for a completely updated and NEW glassmen.org in the coming days, as well as some very special 2010 announcements!

Thanks for your continued patience!