Yamaha supports Mini Corps

First of all, it's not about the great work Yamaha has done for any given group, it was about the perception that they were making an award to a mini corp participating in the competition.

Secondly, while it helps the mini corp who has to travel a long distance and plays with the standard trap set, it excludes the mini corps like Star United, who from what I heard is using a lot of keyboard and other type of instruments or the mini-corps that may be like the T-Birds who had more of a battery than just one player. One size will not fit all!

Finally, it's been said that one of the greatest parts of the DCA weekend is the mini-corps competition and only one award is given. I took it that along with the growth of the activity, additional awards were to be given out , that's all.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is really awesome that Yamaha has done this for the Mini-Corps event. It shows the kind of caliber the groups are out there. I bet it's a beautiful set.

What do you think we could do to further our supporters... Like maybe Miller Lite, or Budwieser? Frost mugs w/ cold taps at either end of the stage... :thumbup:

A good way to discourage any sponsor from future involvement is to #### and moan about it. Think before you type!

Truly.....no good deed going unpunished here??

From the OP: "Yamaha Corporation - one of the primary sponsors of the DCA World Championships - has stepped in to help support the Mini Corps at their Championship next Friday, September 4th. To make logistics easier for the corps, Yamaha will set up a "high end" complete trap set for use by any of the mini corps in competition. This generous offer makes it unnecessary for groups traveling a long distance to transport a large percussion item.

At the conclusion of the show, the set will be turned over to one of the local school music programs at a severe discount - allowing the school to provide a high quality instrument for their students that normally, they could not afford."

MBbabe....PLEASE explain how this is a bad thing? I don't see ANYWHERE where any minicorps would be forced to use the set...it simply allows them the option of not having to bring it. If a minicorps wants to bring keyboards or a battery, that's their choice.

There is nothing even HINTING at this being an award for anyone....nothing.

What post did you read to get that idea??

Truly.....no good deed going unpunished here??

From the OP: "Yamaha Corporation - one of the primary sponsors of the DCA World Championships - has stepped in to help support the Mini Corps at their Championship next Friday, September 4th. To make logistics easier for the corps, Yamaha will set up a "high end" complete trap set for use by any of the mini corps in competition. This generous offer makes it unnecessary for groups traveling a long distance to transport a large percussion item.

At the conclusion of the show, the set will be turned over to one of the local school music programs at a severe discount - allowing the school to provide a high quality instrument for their students that normally, they could not afford."

MBbabe....PLEASE explain how this is a bad thing? I don't see ANYWHERE where any minicorps would be forced to use the set...it simply allows them the option of not having to bring it. If a minicorps wants to bring keyboards or a battery, that's their choice.

There is nothing even HINTING at this being an award for anyone....nothing.

What post did you read to get that idea??

It was first reported here ..........................

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...howtopic=129753

As it turned out, reporting it this way was an error (stuff happens)

Obviously it will be up to each unit to decide to use it or not. I do have a sugestion ...................

perhaps a survey conducted by a DCA official to find out who wants to use & who doesn't.

That would help the flow of the show & set up. But, DCA has been doing this for a long time

now, (and very well I might add) so they might already be 2 steps ahead of my suggestion.

Very nice gesture on Yamaha's part.

Some of you crack me up, you guys will ##### about anything. You must be a real peach to be around. Here is a company letting anyone who doesn't want to pack up a drum set and ship it to Rochester the chance to use a great drum set and all you do is complain. Believe it or not, not every corps is from the East Coast and can just put it in a van and drive a couple of hours. Why don't you just say Thank You. If you don't want to use it THEN DON'T!

Some of you crack me up, you guys will ##### about anything. You must be a real peach to be around. Here is a company letting anyone who doesn't want to pack up a drum set and ship it to Rochester the chance to use a great drum set and all you do is complain. Believe it or not, not every corps is from the East Coast and can just put it in a van and drive a couple of hours. Why don't you just say Thank You. If you don't want to use it THEN DON'T!

Exactly! I like the way you think!