05 to now

Academy - 2008...I know it got 18th, I know it wasnt the best design, but there were parts of that show that were just incredible.

Blue Devils - 2006...not alot of love for this one, but I really enjoyed it, while none of their other shows since then have come close. Perhaps I like that they stuck with one idea that year.

Blue Knights - 2009...Fresh, exciting, very challenging show that came a long ways

Blue Stars - 2009...this one. Loved it, 08 didnt do much for me.

Bluecoats - 2008..i LOVED how well the music accompanied the guard this year. One of the coolest hornline moments ever, and what I thought was the best snareline on the field that year.

Boston Crusaders - 2009...sexy.

Cadets - 2005. I thought the uses of electronics in this one were tasteful with a very cool concept (though I wasnt a fan of its sequal), plus they were monster performers that year.

Carolina Crown - 2008. Music, music, music. Gorgeous.

Cavaliers - 2007. When I think of Cavaliers, I think of this show.

Colts - 2009

Crossmen - 2006. Another tasteful use of narration, with another cool concept.

Glassmen - 2008

Madison Scouts -2008. Very exciting show and powerful hornline that screamed top 12..and got it.

Mandarins - 2008 that opening sequence was great, however i wish they hadnt watered it down.

Phantom Regiment - 2007. I thought the musical selections this year just went together extremely well. Accessible, recognizable, with power and beauty.

Santa Clara Vanguard - 2005. This show has a very special place in my heart. Awesome music, SMOKIN drumline (10th place was a travesty), performed with pure emotion and class.

Troopers - 2009

What exactly did you think was incredible? They always sound great, but... I think after these past two years, with Academys 08 show and Jersey Surfs show in 09, no one will be trying Mozart for a LONG time on DCI grounds.

Edited by rdtrmpt

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BD- 07

Crown- 05

Cadets- 05

Cavies- 06

SCV- 06

Bloo- 06

BAC- 09