Which Corps will Donnie VanDoren spend the most time with?

MJN

Which corps will DvD spend the most time with?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Pick One

• Madison Scouts
    • Carolina Crown
    • Blue Stars

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Madison wins poll....congrats men!

I can tell you that his time spent in drum corps for the past 10 yrs. has been completely voluntary. Not a penny has he taken from Crown or the Blue Stars. It has been his privilege to be able to give back to an activity that has given him such great opportunities and friendships.

That being said and from havin the priveledge of knowing and working with him on a few occasions, DVD will spend an equal amount of time with each corps as his personal schedule will permit. There will be no favoritism. He is in it to help each corps, not for his own glory. He wants to build quality hornlines and quality drum corps, period. He's giving back to the activity free of charge.

Also remember he is also on staff with Star of Indiana Alumni this season.

The poll needed other options such as "He will spend an equal amount of time with each corps".

Edited by Mark Time

That being said and from havin the priveledge of knowing and working with him on a few occasions, DVD will spend an equal amount of time with each corps as his personal schedule will permit. There will be no favoritism. He is in it to help each corps, not for his own glory. He wants to build quality hornlines and quality drum corps, period. He's giving back to the activity free of charge.

The poll needed other options such as "He will spend an equal amount of time with each corps".

Does he have the same job title for all the corps he works with?

How many other crews have hired M.E.G.?

lol...do you not realize the person you are quoting is Donnie's wife?

DVD is the best at getting the most out of every venture that he chooses to take on. As was said, by a very reliable source :thumbs-up: , he does not take any compensation from drum corps and hasn't for many years.

I will speak a little out of turn here and address something from another thread... The statement was made that Madison is trying to "BUY" their way back to the top. The staff that has been assembled to lead this venture are NOT doing it for the $$. I think they would like to see an organization with a long and storied history ascend back to greatness. I believe they see it as a challenge along with an opportunity to help the whole Drum Corps activity. This is purely my observation as, although I know many of them quite well, I have had NO conversation regarding this matter as they have much more important things to do than talk to me right now.

Now to answer the poll, and if I was a betting person, I would say in the upcoming season from the options listed I would vote for Madison. He already has "The Program" in place at the other two options and has people that are great instructors... Matt Harloff and Team at Crown, Frank Sullivan, Josh Talbott and Team at Blue Stars...

Great things will be coming out of Madison. I see them making a huge leap in direction in 2009 lbut ook for them to make bigger strides in 2010 and beyond as "The Program" is typically a 3 year process to get fully instituted into a hornline... I do not think they are going to have ANY trouble at all attracting the right personnel to fill their lines and I am very excited to see how this plays out.

JMO

Edited by General Blunt