Uniformed Personnel in Empire Statesmen Retreat

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I salute the Empire Statesmen for never having been lower than the top 4 in DCA for the last 22 years ! A very astonishing accomplishment to say the least.

S A L U T E

That is pretty amazing isn't it.... :ph34r:

YES! It is a feat to be proud of... consistancy is everything... and this type of success is rivaling some of the previous success of our Northern New Jersey friends with bell bottoms...

And as one who considered himself quite close to Vince Bruni, I'll point out that kudos for this must also go to David... There was a strong opportunity for the run to end quickly with Vince's passing, but this has again proven that the acorn does not fall far from the tree... Well done David! (with a little help from big sister and hubby and a great staff)

Chiming in a bit late here as a fellow vet, but I would be far more offended by something deliberate like putting swastikas on a Marine uniform than by some civvies trying to honor our fellows and getting it a little wrong because they may not have known....give cred where it's due.

• 4 weeks later...
OK Sam, the gloves are off, flyboy.

1st, shouldn't the order have been USA, USMC, USN and then the lowly USAF?

I recall the '86 Empire show well. I was the guy trying at every show to "take back" that USMC dress blue top. The "jarhead" who donated it was a flunk out at the USN School of Music, he was there in '81 when I was.

On a serious note, here's my reason for trying to get the USMC top. There a rich history on exactly who gets the chance to wear a United States Marine Corps dress unifrom. It's not just a piece of clothing, exactly the same reason the US flag is not a piece of cloth, it's a symbol of something that has deep meaning.

I would have rather the Statesmen make a phony uniform. I appreciate the respect they weere giving the armed services.

Sam, you know why there is a U. S. Air Force?

To keep all the scumbags out of the Marines.

Here's a pic: :tongue:

mndhs001.jpg

I must admit that she does make the uniform look better than most! :worthy:

mndhs001.jpg

I must admit that she does make the uniform look better than most! :tongue:

Thanks! One of the few early Empire pics I've seen.

A question, tho...I marched 87...I don't recall the small podium for the guard in this segment, and I lost my video long ago. You mentioned this being done in 86 (which I was unaware of, being overseas on TDY and marching Dagenham at the time)...is THIS pic from 86 rather than 87??

Another reason this may not be 87 if it is a pic from finals....everyone's pants are still white!!!! My GOD, Allentown's field turned into a mudhole that day!

And there's our sop section leader and soloist "Crash" in the background!

Edit: I just realized why you said 86....because I said 86! I meant 87.

Edited by 84BDsop

Thanks! One of the few early Empire pics I've seen.

A question, tho...I marched 87...I don't recall the small podium for the guard in this segment, and I lost my video long ago. You mentioned this being done in 86 (which I was unaware of, being overseas on TDY and marching Dagenham at the time)...is THIS pic from 86 rather than 87??

Another reason this may not be 87 if it is a pic from finals....everyone's pants are still white!!!! My GOD, Allentown's field turned into a mudhole that day!

And there's our sop section leader and soloist "Crash" in the background!

Edit: I just realized why you said 86....because I said 86! I meant 87.

IT's definitely from the 1987 program, however, it's probally a pic taken in 1986.

Sam,;

That is Chris Castellon in that picture...known as Scooter to the boys. 'Crash' is John Frazier, the former mellophone soloist, just to say.

the lovely lady looks like Lisa Swaitek or possibly Barbie Baker.

Donny...

I didnt get there til 89.

Sam,;

That is Chris Castellon in that picture...known as Scooter to the boys. 'Crash' is John Frazier, the former mellophone soloist, just to say.

the lovely lady looks like Lisa Swaitek or possibly Barbie Baker.

Donny...

I didnt get there til 89.

DOH!!! Thanks for the correction.....funny how after more than 20 years, a simple correction makes so much sense....