Minicorps reviews?

.....I'm sure we'd all appreciate a review of the minicorps performances from I&E from anyone who saw them all.

There were approx 3000 people in attendance at the Mini Corps competition.....not one person has any thoughts????

Personally, I was a bit dissappointed with our placement, but VERY pleased with the way we performed. I would just like to know what you.....the audience.....thought of ours, and ALL of the Mini Corps performances!

Thanks in advance!!!

.....I'm sure we'd all appreciate a review of the minicorps performances from I&E from anyone who saw them all.

I had a blast. It was the first time I had played in a competition of any sort in over 30 years. It was my first time to DCA. It was the return of the Sacramento Freelancers to competition we got a very cool reception after we were done. Our instructions were to go out, bring some energy and have fun and that's what we did. I hope it showed in our performance.

As for the rest of the shows, I thought they were great. Most played music I was familiar with and played it well.

I am not going to get into technical aspects of the shows as for me, that just ain't in the spirit of DCA.

Play well, kick ### and have a good time. I can't wait to get back!

I went to both DCI and DCA this year. I gotta say, I had more fun at Rochester. Only thing, I love BBQ and I can eat it allatime, but I think some of my line mates were getting tired of it. The lack of restaurants that are open after the shows is about the only knock I can have.

Edited by mpron

I had a blast. It was the first time I had played in a competition of any sort in over 30 years. It was my first time to DCA. It was the return of the Sacramento Freelancers to competition we got a very cool reception after we were done. Our instructions were to go out, bring some energy and have fun and that's what we did. I hope it showed in our performance.

As for the rest of the shows, I thought they were great. Most played music I was familiar with and played it well.

I am not going to get into technical aspects of the shows as for me, that just ain't in the spirit of DCA.

I went to both DCI and DCA this year. I gotta say, I had more fun at Rochester. Only thing, I love BBQ and I can eat it allatime, but I think some of my line mates were getting tired of it. The lack of restaurants that are open after the shows is about the only knock I can have.

I gotta tell ya, Freelancers blew me away. Great show and a great bunch of folks. Thanks for making the trek to Rochacha and I look forward to seeing you guys once again next year.

Ray

Just curious about the "Cool Reception" you spoke of. Other Corps' or fans....? That is NOT the spirit of Minicorps'. Maybe you were way to entertaining and put the fear of the Almighty into some people.

Anyway, as you said,......Play well kick ### and have a good time. (as it should be). Welcome back.

I gotta tell ya, Freelancers blew me away. Great show and a great bunch of folks. Thanks for making the trek to Rochacha and I look forward to seeing you guys once again next year.

Ray

Thanks for the kudos. I am glad you enjoyed our show. Many folks complimented our performance after the show and we appreciated the encouragement.

The Freelancer alums were all hyped and talking about wanting to come back again, playing the same style of music.

Just curious about the "Cool Reception" you spoke of. Other Corps' or fans....? That is NOT the spirit of Minicorps'. Maybe you were way to entertaining and put the fear of the Almighty into some people.

Anyway, as you said,......Play well kick ### and have a good time. (as it should be). Welcome back.

I think he meant a "nice" reception, not a negative one. I didn't get to see them, but heard they were very good. :thumbup:

NO NO!!! The good kind of cool!!! Sorry for the misconception. All of the other mini corps all welcomed us with open arms and congratulated our performance. I thought it was awful nice that the Star United corps came out from behind the stage to watch our show and gave us the thumbs up.

Everything that night was purely in the spirit of DCA minicorps.

I even found a great little cigar store strangely enough called the Cigar Factory. Very nice people who run the place and they turned me on to this Italian Bakery Martusciello's on Lyell near the 390, that makes amazing sandwiches and strombolis. I think you would have to get about 6 or 7 Subway sands to get close to what Martusciello's puts into one medium 5 buck sandwich!

As I said, the only drawback was the lack of restaurants open after the shows.