CT Hurricanes and DCA

Are You Ready for some football...heard the NYG have a demanding defense more so than the 49ers..plus I heard that they don't believe they can beat the Redskins this weekend..love the the fall

And don't forget the Super Bowl Party at the 'Bop! Or is it RJ's?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbdown: Did the CT Hurricanes get the old shafting at DCA? It seems like a couple of judges had it in for them during finals. My question isn't meant to take away anything from the other corps who competed in Rochester. Congratulations to the top three! I'm curious about people's opinions on this subject.

My opinion as a big Hurc fan is that I dont want the corps discussed in this way, Im sorry to bump this topic. I feared after watching the performance at finals from the 3rd tier that they would not hold their prelim placement. I saw marchers not hitting sets, I heard horns playing out of ensemble and releases that werent clean so I didnt feel they got shafted. Recaps show 5th in Field Visual and 5th in Field Brass which confirmed my fears. Its just another part of the difficult climb to the top. Before winning five 1sts, Bucs spent seven years in the 2nd - 4th positions 1998-2004. With so few active corps I think everyone wants CT to succeed. I want the CT Hurricanes to be viewed as a corps that has the support of the drum corps community (judges included). The spirit of the corps after finals seemed undaunted.

oops I missed Dugan's cue to change the subject. sorry (as a Philly resident I dare not touch the football topic)

My opinion as a big Hurc fan is that I dont want the corps discussed in this way, Im sorry to bump this topic. I feared after watching the performance at finals from the 3rd tier that they would not hold their prelim placement. I saw marchers not hitting sets, I heard horns playing out of ensemble and releases that werent clean so I didnt feel they got shafted. Recaps show 5th in Field Visual and 5th in Field Brass which confirmed my fears. Its just another part of the difficult climb to the top. Before winning five 1sts, Bucs spent seven years in the 2nd - 4th positions 1998-2004. With so few active corps I think everyone wants CT to succeed. I want the CT Hurricanes to be viewed as a corps that has the support of the drum corps community (judges included). The spirit of the corps after finals seemed undaunted.

For The Win! You said it all. I talked to a few people before finals saying I was worried that some of the less experienced/overzealous people in the corps had tendencies to do things differently when they put on those "superman suits". But as everyone knows, even Superman had a weakness. Overhype was our kryptonite. Things happened in that show that had never happened before, and as Vinny said earlier, these are the things we will be working to improve on for next year. There will be a next year, and I feel a very strong next year. As they say, the better you get, the worse you get because the small things start sticking out more. In order to win, you have to minimize this, and I think it's obvious that for the last 5 years, the Bucs have been the best at this. We can all take something from them.

For The Win! You said it all. I talked to a few people before finals saying I was worried that some of the less experienced/overzealous people in the corps had tendencies to do things differently when they put on those "superman suits". But as everyone knows, even Superman had a weakness. Overhype was our kryptonite. Things happened in that show that had never happened before, and as Vinny said earlier, these are the things we will be working to improve on for next year. There will be a next year, and I feel a very strong next year. As they say, the better you get, the worse you get because the small things start sticking out more. In order to win, you have to minimize this, and I think it's obvious that for the last 5 years, the Bucs have been the best at this. We can all take something from them.

Jim, this is a great attitude and if this prevails within the organization you will find success. MBI has also spent many years somewhere in the middle of the top ten and I've marched a few of them. I've never felt placements were unfair and really never dwelt heavily on them. Just kept my head down and continued to work at improving. I personally enjoyed the Hurricanes show and respect the organization, especially after learning more about the history. Man, 4th place is still a great placement!

What impresses me most about the Buc's is that they have never settled for good enough. The string of championships they have put together has not been given to them because other corps have been working hard and improving. But, they keep raising the bar. I couldn't agree more with your last comment.

Are You Ready for some football...heard the NYG have a demanding defense more so than the 49ers..plus I heard that they don't believe they can beat the Redskins this weekend..love the the fall

I think the NYG offense will surprise alot of people this weekend. Defense needs to get some off the injured list...but still has depth. SO GLAD football is here.

GO GIANTS !!! 4:15 on Fox ! YAH got my new Giants shirt... ready with the root beer and pizza.....

And how about Derek Jeter tying Lou Gehrig for most base hits last night.. YANKEES WIN!! THEEEEEE YANKEES WIN!

Edited by hurcwave

Jim has poor taste in football teams which is only surpassed by his extremely poor taste in baseball teams.

:tongue:

Jim has poor taste in football teams which is only surpassed by his extremely poor taste in baseball teams.

who let the dogs out, woof woof woof woof? :tongue: