Hope it's not too hot in Tampa Bay...

Miami in February will be very nice...

Edited by Bob Kidd

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone,

I'm very new to Drum Corps. For the past few years I have attended a few shows. This was my very first time attending a DCA Championship. I'm a very big Hurcs fan. I am also fair to the other corps as well. We all know the hard work and dedication that goes along with marching in a drum corps. I watched the Hurcs win show after show only losing to the Bucs. The Bucs are very good and march a very clean show. I guess that is what all corps strive for. I was ready to watch the Buccs, so I could watch a top notch performance.I do understand forms and the difficulty of marching with a horn. I thought the Bucs had great horns and drums, BUT...... Their color guard did not intertwine with brass and drums. Same for MB..... You could see how rarely the horns and drums intertwined with the guard . The Hurcs, marched, played and intertwined with the guard time and time again. I was, impressed. I was impressed with the music of the Bucs and the MB. BUT the whole program for the Hurcs, was clearly far more difficult then any other corps. Empire didn't move as much. They hired some dancer to dance around the field. I felt, the Hurcs took risk. I know the Hurcs are a very good drum corp. I congratulate the top 3 and other corps in the finals. and I'm sorry the men in blue didn't see the risk and pasion the Hurcs took with them onto the field. Now I say, the fire is in their eyes and the sky is the limit.The THUNDER IS HERE for 2010.

hmmmm I think that any drum corp show is difficult, whether your in shen sound or buccaneers... the fact that people can perform an 11 minute show non stop is difficult alone... and I watched MBI and Bucs at previous shows and they definitely had there guards "intertwined" within the drum corp, especially MBI... so your opinion there is kind of a false opinion if there is such a thing... and to say Empire doesn't move as much, well I beg to differ... sorry but you didn't march in the show so you really cant say that, I did and I would say we moved around just as much as anyone else out there, and we didn't hire the dancers they were asked to be a special performer (and they were guard staff) to give the show a more authentic feel and to help with the overall concept of the show... I have seen pretty much all of the other top 5 shows at some point this season and I really enjoyed each of them, they all had something different to offer... I especially enjoyed Hurcs and Bucs, both had awesome guards and if I didn't march statesmen I probably would march in one of those corps!!... Congrats to allllllllll the corps on an awesome season!!! Best of luck to all in 2010!! :)

Lets all cut to the chase,,,, The only reason this thread is alive is one simple fact,, ES did not out perform The Hurcs,,,

DONE .

Lets all cut to the chase,,,, The only reason this thread is alive is one simple fact,, ES did not out perform The Hurcs,,,

DONE .

Old people who use commas instead of periods are funny. :ph34r: :ph34r:

DONE .

LOL. Yeah they obviously didn't out perform the Hurcs even though ES whooped them and got 3rd place.

Let's cut to the chase. People like YOU, AKA TROLLS, is the only reason this thread is alive. Stating that ES did not out perform the Hurcs is a DUMB thing to say on DCP, you KNOW that its going to cause even more problems!

Like me for example. I take your comment offensively.....Who are you? Your not a judge, and if you were one then you would be a very bad one!

GTFO.

LOL. Yeah they obviously didn't out perform the Hurcs even though ES whooped them and got 3rd place.

Let's cut to the chase. People like YOU, AKA TROLLS, is the only reason this thread is alive. Stating that ES did not out perform the Hurcs is a DUMB thing to say on DCP, you KNOW that its going to cause even more problems!

Like me for example. I take your comment offensively.....Who are you? Your not a judge, and if you were one then you would be a very bad one!

GTFO.

Don't fall for it Empire - one guy says something disrespectful about you under the assumption that you'll say something stupid about the other corps.

No way... (See that? Periods instead of commas, thank you very much).

Not gonna happen; there's too much respect between CT and ES. Plus, the two staffs are planning a movie night out together.

Don't fall for it Empire - one guy says something disrespectful about you under the assumption that you'll say something stupid about the other corps.

Not gonna happen; there's too much respect between CT and ES. Plus, the two staffs are planning a movie night out together.

who buys?

Forget all the sports talk........WHEN IS TUBA CHRISTMAS?! WHO'S WITH ME?!

Rockefeller Center, freezing chops, and 200 tubas. What more do you need, except for some utility pizza or street food.

The 2009 is over. Have a good time relaxing 'til the 2010 season. I know I will.

Carl Akins

Contra/Ct Hurricanes 1985-1987, 1989-2006, 2008, 2009.

CT Classics 1984

Bridgeport PAL Tornadoes 1984

Dutch treat! :ph34r: