Troopers Announce 2010 Brass Leadership Team

The Troopers Drum and Bugle Corps are pleased to introduce the Brass Leadership Team for the 2010 season. Veteran staff member Kyle Thompson will assume the role of Brass Caption Head and will be surrounded by a world class team of consultants, mentors and staff.

“Ralph Hardimon, Dean Westman and Gordon Henderson have been raving about Kyle for two years now” commented Troopers Corps Director Fred Morris. “Kyle is a dynamic teacher that brings an incredibly well rounded understanding of what we are working to achieve with our members.” Thompson is a former marching member of the Blue Devils and has served on the Troopers instructional staff in 2008 and 2009.

Program Coordinator and Brass Arranger Dean Westman said “In this free agency era of drum corps, we tend to always look for who the next big name hire is going to be. Our philosophy is fairly straight forward. The goal is to hire world class music educators that share our vision for creating positively life-changing musical experiences for the members of our corps. We have found just that in Kyle Thompson. The Troopers are certainly on the right track and the key to future success is providing consistency for our members. Jeff Fiedler gave me this same opportunity with the Cavaliers when I was Kyle’s age and it forever changed the trajectory of my life. I am so excited to “pass it on” and be a part of Kyle’s career as a Brass Caption Head.”

The Troopers are also thrilled to announce that Matt and Ben Harloff will join the Troopers as Brass Consultants. “We are ecstatic to welcome back some old friends in new roles for 2010” said Westman. “Both Matt and Ben have served as camp clinicians for the corps and we are honored to have each of them take more of an active consulting role as we continue to develop our brass program. Matt and Ben give so much time and effort to Carolina Crown. The Troopers are really blessed to have teachers of this caliber giving up their precious free time to work with our organization. Working with these master teachers will be the experience of a lifetime for members and staff alike!”

“It was so rewarding to be just a small part of the Troopers family in 2009 and I am truly honored to have the opportunity to work with the corps in 2010” said Matt Harloff. “Ben and I both have an appreciation for everything that the Troopers mean to this activity and look forward to a very bright future with America’s Corps.”

The entire Troopers organization would like to thank Scott Atchison for his work with the corps and wish him the best of luck in his new position with the Cavaliers.

Whatever happened to just Brass Staff?

I'm really looking forward to what the Troopers hornline will bring to the field under Kyle's direction! I wish Scott well as he takes on his new role with the Cavaliers. He helped build a new foundation in a very short time, and I for one am grateful for what he offered during his time with the Troopers.

GO TROOP!!!!!