Why didn't people like Relampago?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never saw the show, just a video clip that my buddy took while at Allentown. All I had to say is "holy mellophones". That mellophone line was killer. Reminded me of the 90s mello lines that I wanted so badly to be a part of.

Like I said...the horns and their performance was wasted by the distraction of a dreadful storyline and poor visual design and execution. The guard was typical of Madison't recent guards in execution. The storyline idea could have worked to mask more if the story had been more compelling and not comic booky.

But, that said, it is apparent the Scouts recognized these issues and now massive changes have been made to the staff to address this. 2009 won't be repeated next season.

I hadn't really given much thought to the contradiction of the colorguard being all dressed the same, but now that everybody is bringing it up I think that it was a bad move. It would have made more sense to have one hero and a bunch of civilians, that could have opened the door for A LOT of visual effect they were missing out on.

But then again, maybe we just didn't understand his mutant power.Multiple Man

I saw Madison at Michigan City, and thought they should have beaten everyone in brass except Blue Stars and Cavies, but I didn't have a good seat (10th row, 25 yard line). I can say that I practically never stopped laughing the whole show, so regardless of the show's inequities, I do have to say that I enjoyed it very much.

Like I said...the horns and their performance was wasted by the distraction of a dreadful storyline and poor visual design and execution. The guard was typical of Madison't recent guards in execution. The storyline idea could have worked to mask more if the story had been more compelling and not comic booky.

With ALL the staff changes MADISON has announced for 2010 these area's were not addressed.

That is WHY I look for more of the same from them in 2010.

ALSO way too many PART time designers and staff.

Van DOREN - CROWN , BLUE STARS, BLAST

LEE - SCV

Vanderkolff -SCV

LEAVING JIM PRIME AS ONLY FULL TIME DESIGNER.

Brass staff id s fine again with Greene and Williams

but they are always good here.

Fix the guard , Fix the drill.

With ALL the staff changes MADISON has announced for 2010 these area's were not addressed.

That is WHY I look for more of the same from them in 2010.

ALSO way too many PART time designers and staff.

Van DOREN - CROWN , BLUE STARS, BLAST

LEE - SCV

Vanderkolff -SCV

LEAVING JIM PRIME AS ONLY FULL TIME DESIGNER.

Brass staff id s fine again with Greene and Williams

but they are always good here.

Fix the guard , Fix the drill.

Jim Moore is the new Color Guard caption head - how is hiring him not addressing

the problems with the Guard? Jonathan Vanderkolff is the Visual caption head. How is

hiring him not addressing the problems with visual?

Jim Moore is the new Color Guard caption head - how is hiring him not addressing

the problems with the Guard? Jonathan Vanderkolff is the Visual caption head. How is

hiring him not addressing the problems with visual?

Jin Morre -designer -not Caption head

Vanderkolff -designer not caption head.

Van Doren

Lee

Vanderkolff

Medworth

all part timers. he is right.

Only staff hired is Brad Greene and Nick Williams.

LL

T.O. PM me.

Edited by louielouie

Jin Morre -designer -not Caption head

Vanderkolff -designer not caption head.

Van Doren

Lee

Vanderkolff

Medworth

all part timers. he is right.

Only staff hired is Brad Greene and Nick Williams.

LL

T.O. PM me.

Louie Louie, oh no

Me gotta go

Aye-yi-yi-yi, I said

Louie Louie, oh baby

Me gotta go

lyrics to ~Louie, Louie~

....and that darned M.E.G. team, how dare they teach those Scouts, Crowns and Blue Stars..... It's like they don't even care about their work, making them great and all....(I jest).

Madison Scouts have amazing staff for the guard for 2010:

Amazing Director and knows how to be the best of the best (doing it year after year) = Consultant

Blast, Cadets, Cavies, Crown (and current top wgi team)= Supervisor

Smart Move, technician to support given book = Caption Head

Bases are covered..... and about "The Consultant"... this man is too huge a name to mess around.... (and has been on team Jim before...).

(names need to come from Scouts office and not me..... but trust me here)

"Have I said too much?... There is nothing left I can give..."

lyrics to ~EVITA~

Edited by Cop

Wow I loved the music of the show but the guard costumes just plain sucked and this is he reason that so much was taken away from the show visually

and technically yes those costumes did effect the technicality of the show .

Worst guard uniforms in the history of drum corps.

Ever.

Also the red sash on the corps proper uniform was very distracting.

As far as all the staff changes, I won't expect much better from the Scouts in 2010. I think the product will be better. You gotta have the horses, though. It seems some issues are being addressed and that is nice to see but such a large staff turnover is never a good thing. If they have a decent year with this staff, 2011 could be better.