SCV 1989 over age members

BTW...did you ride my bus? '90-'92 were awesome years for SCV no matter where you placed. (I absolutely LOVED Miss Saigon),

I think so. I don't know what year it was I did, but if your avatar is a picture of you, then there is only one bus driver that even remotely looked like that, and I rode on that bus.

91 was certainly the better of the three years I was with the A Corps.

I think so. I don't know what year it was I did, but if your avatar is a picture of you, then there is only one bus driver that even remotely looked like that, and I rode on that bus.

91 was certainly the better of the three years I was with the A Corps.

Yup, I was the only red-headed driver. I drove Bus 3 '90,'91 and '93. I drove Bus 1 '92.

For the billionth time on this site, here is me and my bus.

SCV11992.jpg

Yup, I was the only red-headed driver. I drove Bus 3 '90,'91 and '93. I drove Bus 1 '92.

SCV11992.jpg

Love the "Hammer Time" pants! :laughing:

Love the "Hammer Time" pants! :laughing:

Those were actually from the VK souvie booth, if I remember correctly...I want to say 1990. They were the same the corps itself was wearing and were so popular, they had trouble keeping them in stock.

SCV11992.jpg

I've always loved this picture!

What did I mess up (guessing Bridgemen). Just reporting different years and Crossmen were penalized during the regular season but couldn't remember how it affected the rest of their season. My only info was from a Drum Corps News article and can't remember seeing anything else about them. Also remember B-men went to court which was not resolved until Finals was over so maybe I mislead with my comments.

And yes was wierd about thre Northeast corps only a few hours drive from each other. 1978 we were wondering who was going to be hit next.

I dont recall a single member in Scouts in 1978 being asked for proof of age. I will see Scott Stewart this weekend and ask him his recollections.

I dont recall a single member in Scouts in 1978 being asked for proof of age. I will see Scott Stewart this weekend and ask him his recollections.

We were . . . but maybe part of that was being in a Canadian corps, so when we crossed the border, we all had to make sure we had our birth certificates ready in case we were asked. Now, was I asked by anyone in DCI? Can't recalll. I just remember that our corps staff was really nervous about making sure that everyone had proper documentation, and if I remember this correctly, we had to have it with us even in uniform (or at least with our stuff on the bus; my memory is a bit fuzzy on the details now).

Those were actually from the VK souvie booth, if I remember correctly...I want to say 1990. They were the same the corps itself was wearing and were so popular, they had trouble keeping them in stock.

Sorry, off topic... But you are right. Got those off of VKs Souvies booth. They were very very comfortable and perfect for those 300 mile night time runs.

THANKS VK! :tongue:

SCV11992.jpg

Well, that's also MY bus and MY driver :tongue:

For good or bad, we only have one of those busses left, and I think this year is the last year for it as well.

I was most certinally on SCV-3. So it must be from 1990 I remember our interaction.

here's me:

http://www.scvanguard.org/history/gallery/...p;currentrow=25

Well, that's also MY bus and MY driver :thumbup:

For good or bad, we only have one of those busses left, and I think this year is the last year for it as well.

I was most certinally on SCV-3. So it must be from 1990 I remember our interaction.

here's me:

http://www.scvanguard.org/history/gallery/...p;currentrow=25

Sorry, off topic...

I remember one late night drive when a young man sat on the step next to the drivers seat. He couldn't sleep. We talked about rings and things and bygone days and what really made a "Champion". I get the feeling it may have been you.