Fall Parades

It's that time of the year again...fall parade season: Columbus Day, Pulaski Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, whatever.

Let us all know where you guys are playing and when.

Here's a new twist. Like the Renegades invite people to do their CNY parade in Feb. Does any corps open up for people wanting to "sit in", or rather, "march" in for one of their parades?

I started this, but off the top of my head, I can't remember our schedule. I'll have to post that later.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love a parade,the tramping of feet,

I love every beat I hear of a drum.

I love a parade, when I hear a band

I just want to stand and cheer as they come.

LMAO, need to check my schedule too Marty. Things are just too nutty on the home front until my wife gets home from her knee replacement job. :thumbup: Hopefully next week.

Off the top of my head:

Hanover Halloween parade - middle of some week, usually can't make it anyway

Millersville Community Parade - Saturday AM, usually Yankee Rebels and Reilly there too.

(And the one I can't belive I'm typing). Plymouth, MA parade and show week or so before Thanksgiving (forget the name). Usually Cabs Alum, Park City Pride, bunch of other "name" Alumni-typ corps and *gulp*.... us....

(And the one I can't belive I'm typing). Plymouth, MA parade and show week or so before Thanksgiving (forget the name). Usually Cabs Alum, Park City Pride, bunch of other "name" Alumni-typ corps and *gulp*.... us....

Better bring your long-johns for that one. Last year it was about 15 degrees maybe. Don't mean to scare you, most years its a balmy 35 degrees.

Better bring your long-johns for that one. Last year it was about 15 degrees maybe. Don't mean to scare you, most years its a balmy 35 degrees.

Amen!

That's it.... I'm growing the full beard back.

And time to invest in a plastic mouthpiece.

Shades of Pottsville Mid-Winter Carnival eh Marty. :thumbup:

I marched what I think was the last one they had and it was 17° Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

One I remember was around 1976. It was postponed until the end of the Carnival (the next Saturday) because the weather was bad (snow, ice?). So cold, any people watching were doing it from inside the house looking out the front windows. :thumbup:

"Sound of door opening"

Person: "Play something"

Corps member "Ya want music, play ####### America Bandstand".

To be serious for a moment.... The parade itself in Plymouth was quite comfortable - once you get moving.

It's that cursed waiting for the thing to start!!! Last year we were standing on a street adjacent to a large flat field, on the other side of which was the Atlantic Ocean. Was that wind cold?????? You betcha Kemo Sabe!!

And they wouldn't let the buses stay anywhere nearby.

Once we were actually started moving, however, it wasn't bad at all.

That's it.... I'm growing the full beard back.

And time to invest in a plastic mouthpiece.

Shades of Pottsville Mid-Winter Carnival eh Marty. :tongue:

I march in several Pottsville parades, and last year with St Kevin's in Plymouth, this was the coldest parade I ever marched in. Had to have hand warmers around my value to keep them from freezing. And onve you get moving it did feels a little bit warmer, or maybe by then I couldn't feel anything any more.