Fall Parades

you guys haven't lived until you've marched a winter carnival parade... I have done them numerous times in Saranac Lake NY, Quebec City and Montreal... NO FUN! glycerin on the valves... vasiline on your lips... sub zero temps... but paid very well...

Tom:

My wife Nancy (Born and raised in Saranac Lake, NY} THANKS YOU and confirms your reply.

Did any of you "Stom The Ice Palace" while there?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coldest parade I remember was the Pottsville Winter Carnival - a long time ago - it was 17º that was cold enough for me!

I did the parade many times and it was usually in the mid to high twenties. I could never understand how the girls wearing skirts could bear it!

Members of Prairie Sound, The Commanders and Vigilantes are marching in the Tulsa, OK Veterans Day Parade November 11th. :thumbup:

Hanover Halloween Parade this Thursday. Corps will do a "pre-parade" before the whole mess kicks off. And no I can't remember all the details of the reason behind the pre-parade. We used to end the parade but thing took so much time we couldn't do a concert at the Legion as an end of year "Thank You" to the town and Post.

Can't make it because I'd have to take time off from work to get there in time. Too much leave burned for other reasons. :thumbup: