The status of the Americanos.

I am excited to announce that on September 14th the Americanos Board of Directors voted to bring back the Americanos Drum and Bugle corps program.

Since the inception of the Alumni Association in October of 2008, we have been able to reunite hundreds of our alumni as well as reunite alumni from other corps. We have been gaining much needed support and we have our eye on the future, for not only for our organization, but our community as well.

The Alumni Association will be now set up to be a partner with The Americanos organization. After a long discussion, the Alumni Board decided to cease the adoption of a separate 501.c.3 status and incorporate the organization under the Americanos umbrella.

I am excited to announce that for the 2010 season, The Americanos Inc, will produce an All Age SDCA drum corps. Our camp will be held on October 31, 2009 at the Americanos Centre 1615 Drum corps Drive in Menasha. Camp starts at 12 pm.

With drum corps being absent from our community for many years, we will utilize our alumni to help reeducate our community and gain support through shows, stand stills and parades.

SDCA will help us establish our ground to start promoting the program in the Fox valley area. We hope to use the Alumni to help bring back drum corps back to our area.

With the help of our Alumni, community, and supporters, The Americanos tradition will continue.

VIVA!

To answer a couple of questions.

Q. Will the Americanos return to DCI?

A. YES! It is our intention to return to DCI. Projected dates, will not be released until a later date.

Q.Will the Americanos go to DCA?

A. At this time we are not looking to pursue DCA.

Q. If the Jr corps goes back to DCI, what will the Alumni do?

A. We will most likely stay with SDCA, but who knows anything can happen.

Edited by Canosalumprez

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news. Even if not looking to go the DCA route, I would encourage your to consider bringing you SDCA unit to the DCA minicorps championships over Labor Day weekend. I know I would be just as excited to see the Americanos as I was to see the Freelancers this past year.

Why go back to DCI. Isn't that what killed the corps the first couple of times. chasing the dream. Stay with SDCA and DCA and field a nice competive corps with some kids and old heads and have a great time.

This.

Either way, it's good to see the Americanos back.

DCA hasnt been ruled out completely. Lots of ideas are forming, lots of momentum, and excitement. We would like to see the corps back in DCI, however we are also going to be smart about it. DCA in my eyes could be a possibility, and as I stated earlier, the Alumni may come forward and want to do DCA. Only time will tell at this point. We just want to make sure that we are taking the right path, to make the return of the Americanos a successful one.

Take a look at youtube find the Americanos Alumni corps from Flag Day. I must tell you, Powerful stuff.

Why go back to DCI. Isn't that what killed the corps the first couple of times. chasing the dream. Stay with SDCA and DCA and field a nice competive corps with some kids and old heads and have a great time.

There were several factors the lead to the demise of the Americanos. It would be unfair to say it was all DCI. Mistakes were made and the organization paid the price for it. Most importantly lessons were learned.

A major factor was funding, there was no money. Its hard to run an organization when you have a few people involved doing everything.

The Alumni Association has been set up to help ease the burden, find support, and continue to preserve the Americanos history.

Take a look at youtube find the Americanos Alumni corps from Flag Day. I must tell you, Powerful stuff.

I missed that parade. Did Paul J. sport the "Frito Bandito" uni?? :tongue:

He wore the famous hat but not the bullet holsters. Maybe we will catch you next year, we are anticpating the Parade corps to DOUBLE in size, with the SDCA corps forming, we plan to have a stand still performance to include members who dont want to march, but still would like to play. Something to look forward to!

As an Americanos at heart, and many years involved with the organization......I say...VIVA!!! Get the Mother F....R rolling!!! I am still ready to start doing that Grant Writing. Somebody tell Butch to give me the word and I am all over it. Go Red Team !!! Yahoo !!!

Edited by NashvillePat

Pat, I have a board meeting on the 27th at lake park, I will remind him. :p

Edited by Canosalumprez