The Green Machine or SCV

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Academy is just down south... and their staff is probably in the top ten staffs of DCI... and their design team as reall made some good stride.

It's december, did you go to the Cavi's audition camp? are you planning on going out to Santa Clara for their 18th to 20th camp? If not, then I suggest you take the 40 dollar shuttle from Denver airport to Troopers 18th to 20th camp in Laramie... because their show concept is awesome this year ("Wanted"). Of course, there are also many other options available to you still, both world and open class.

more importantly, think about how drunk the corps could get during their show for free. Talk about GE!!

Negative visual points?

My take on the whole thing: I kind of compare choosing a corps to choosing a college. Everyone says they want to march in a (Top 6, Top 12) corps the same way everyone says they want to go to an Ivy League school. I'd really encourage you to introspect and decide if SCV or Cavies is the one corps for you, or whether a more local corps can do the same thing for you at a much lower cost (not to mention a whole lot more convenience).

I've marched two years with my local corps (Mandarins - and I know a fair number of people who could easily march somewhere other than Mandarins but decide not to) and am almost certainly going to an 80th-ranked school instead of the Ivy League school others think I should attend.

No matter what college I go to, I still get a college education. No matter what corps I march with, I still marched with DCI. And my life was changed all the same.

Food for thought.

The first year I marched drum corps, I auditioned for and made Cadets, and it wasn't just because of prestige. There were a few of us from JMU that decided to go audition in 2007, plus it was the closest corps to audition for (4 hour drive).

I used to want to audition for Crown, and then Crossmen, and then Cadets.....I didn't care about winning a medal, I just wanted to march. I'm sure that regardless of where you choose to audition and march, you will NEVER regret it. It's the best investment you could ever make.