Tragedy Strikes Pacific Crest

JohnD

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sad news. My condolences to Zach's family, friends and loved ones.

I took pictures this year and last in Buffalo. This year, I don't have any photos of him facing the stands, only conducting. But I believe he was also Pacific Crest's drum major in 2008, and so here's this photo of his salute:

pacificcrest02.jpg

11_13_2009_headden.jpg

Funeral Services for Zach Headden

Thursday, November 19, 2009

7 PM

Christ First Baptist Church of Covina

200 North Second Ave.

Covina CA 91723

PC alumni and members interested in performing Ave Maria at the services, please contact Mark Kveton or Mark De La Vega for details.

-G

Edited by GABA

Our condolences to the Headdon Family and the Pacific Crest Family.

The Bayonne Bridgemen Family

That was very touching and amazing. It looks like the entire corps turned out to perform.

Thought I'd be informative of how this all happened. Once the news spread of the accident, the members that marched with Zach (06-09) all got together to play the corps song "Ave Maria" at his funeral. This included PC alumni that taught at the corps while he marched there but aged out before he got there. There was a total of 91 current members of Pacfic Crest, past members that are now marching other corps, and alumni of the corps that played in that church. It was the best Ave has ever sounded and I couldn't finish the song because tears were dripping from my eyes and I got choked up. It was really emotional and living proof of what the PC family is all about.

P.S Impulse let us borrow some horns since we had about 17 tubas (i think) and PC only owns 12. Thanks impulse.