I&E's........do you attend? what do you think about it?

i also believe that no one expects a non top 6 corps member to win a caption.

Look at the woodwind captions, clarinet was won for the third by Evan Lynch, an Academy member, as well as flute was won by an academy member, Lani M. (her last name escapes me atm). The mixed ensemble from the Academy got the highest score (it was the Contra line + a gong), but the judges cut their score in half because they didn't believe the gong was enough to qualify them as a mixed ensemble.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i also believe that no one expects a non top 6 corps member to win a caption.

Look at the woodwind captions, clarinet was won for the third by Evan Lynch, an Academy member, as well as flute was won by an academy member, Lani M. (her last name escapes me atm). The mixed ensemble from the Academy got the highest score (it was the Contra line + a gong), but the judges cut their score in half because they didn't believe the gong was enough to qualify them as a mixed ensemble.

True, but last year only 2 of the Top 6 World Class corps competed in I&E

Maybe we should just have the I & E participants submit a video sometime before Finals week, and then the results can be judged from the videos. :tongue:

Maybe we should just have the I & E participants submit a video sometime before Finals week, and then the results can be judged from the videos. :tongue:

And maybe have a fan vote to help encourage more fans to come out and either support the activity or support their friend(s) competing.

ALL of the OC I&E captions will have an OC Champion, so more Champions to go around, as well as letting OC members shine on their own without being lost in the shadow of WC members competing.

Thats the problem though the OC Champion will only be the OC Champion and will be look down upon by his/her WC friends because they will say things like "What you weren't good enough to compete with the best in San Antonio?" :tongue: and don't think this wont happen because I know my friends in WC will say that to me if I am to win in Michigan City and I decided to stay with the OC corps that I started with to age out