I&E's........do you attend? what do you think about it?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I&E's.......who out there attends? and what do you think about it all.......I mean, is this a big part of your finals plans when you make reservations and such for finals week

Its no longer on finals week, its nowafter san antonio.

Its no longer on finals week, its nowafter san antonio.

That's not entirely true.

World Class I&E will be on Sunday, July 25th, the day after the San Antonio regional. Open Class I&E will be Wednesday, August 11th, the day before Open Class Quarterfinals in Michigan City, IN.

Gotta agree...competition with no divisional barriers was one of the most fun aspects of I&E. I always thought DCM did I&E right--it was a big day of the celebration of drum corps.

BOOOOOO!!! One of the best parts of I and E was watching some open class members mop the floor with some of the "big dogs", it added a lot of validity to open class.

Step number 283 in DCI killing of Div II/III aka Open Class

I would hope anyone who believes this would ask the Open Class corps directors what they think of this, because I can't imagine it happening without their encouragement and approval.

I always loved going to I&E. It was like drum corps heaven. Seeing all the different people with different corps jackets in 90+ degree weather. Seeing a Cavalier and a Cadet or a Blue Devil and Vanguard walking together or competing against each other.

One of my favorite times of the year.

I would hope anyone who believes this would ask the Open Class corps directors what they think of this, because I can't imagine it happening without their encouragement and approval.

Here's what I bet happened. Someone at DCI said

"I&E has been getting smaller and smaller because people don't want to take a day off of rehearsal finals week."

Someone else suggests "Why don't we have it after one of the regionals ala DCM, when all the corps will be there anyway"

Open Class Director "Except that it's not feasible for all the open class corps to be at any one regional, due to weekend scheduling, or geographical issues"

Someone else "Well, you all can still have I&E finals week, but it will just be you"

:thumbup::unsure:

the times I went it was fun. But it seems to be less and less important to the overall scheme of things, especially since the woodwind categories didnt explode the way they wanted them to