Ornaments in Brass

9 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

Playlist created on YouTube with all of these recordings.  If you have others you would like me to add to the Playlist, let me know and I will add them.

Enjoy me and the Glassmen on the 3rd to the last track!

• Like 3

On 11/20/2023 at 6:01 PM, Bruckner8 said:

…me too! 😎

Wait, did you play with us? I was over in the sops at the time, so I might not have known that.

1 hour ago, kevingamin said:

Wait, did you play with us? I was over in the sops at the time, so I might not have known that.

Umm, I conducted it lol. I was new on brass staff (wait, 30 years ago? Yikes), and memorized the score on a bus ride across flooded midwest. The arrangement was super cool, with low brass intro, 5/8 and 9/8 meter (3+2+2+2), which made it easily conducted in 4/4 but with extra eighth on beat 1.

There are some CF stories about how all of that went down, but in the end, Dan Acheson made it happen against 99% staff pushback. I was in the 1% 🙂

20 hours ago, Bruckner8 said:

Umm, I conducted it lol. I was new on brass staff (wait, 30 years ago? Yikes), and memorized the score on a bus ride across flooded midwest. The arrangement was super cool, with low brass intro, 5/8 and 9/8 meter (3+2+2+2), which made it easily conducted in 4/4 but with extra eighth on beat 1.

There are some CF stories about how all of that went down, but in the end, Dan Acheson made it happen against 99% staff pushback. I was in the 1% 🙂

Yeah, it’s  been long enough, I couldn’t remember details like who was waving their arms in front of us, but we were one of the only, if not THE  only, tracks on that album with the full brass and percussion performing an original arrangement, and, like you said, what an arrangement! That might even be a better memory from 93 than making Finals for the first time. 

• Like 1