Pioneer Camp this weekend

There were many committed college aged vets not in attendance and none of our Florida kids were there and we still had more horns there than we fielded last year.

Adam Hill and Blair Williams went through a ton of drummers listening to them before making any cuts. There were at least as many drummers as there were horn players.

I guess the most encouraging part about this is maybe we will actually have a winter program this year. The past few winters were sparse in attendance and we tried to put it all together in the spring training sessions still with many holes not filled.

Donny

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like things are going in the right direction. Can't wait to see the show this summer hopefully with a full corps.

Eric Benzing

Decorah Kilties 01-03

Pioneer 04-08

Baritone Section Leader 08

Having better attendance in the winter is such a plus to organizations working hard on recruiting. Great to hear those numbers are up earlier! GL PIO!

As usual, many students that were on the fence about returning have contacted me since Sunday. Once the word got out that there was a decent start, kids seem to be more interested. I have also had many requests to do video auditions from distanced prospects. The major corps have not made many cuts as of yet either. That usually brings a few students as well.

DA

Hats off (no pun intended) to those who have worked very hard to make this pre-season a success!

I cent wait to see what the Summer will bring.

March 1st for those who came before you

March 2nd for those whose path you pave

March 3rd for those who will stand beside you this year

March last for yourself

"drillwatcher"

Thanks! Make sure you and Officer Jenny have a nice holiday season.

DA