Everything but "some old drum corps photos"

DrumCorpsCanada0011.jpg

Hey Linda...were you at this one? My Majestics were doing pretty good by the end of the year. Great thing was that some corps had so many guard members they would put out two competitive guards...

I might have been at one of these contests. Thanks. What year is this from?

I'll see if I can find more cartoons later; going on a course this week, retirement planning! Yikes!

DrumCorpsCanada0001.jpg

I recognize LaSalle but who are the two corps photos of underneath? And what DID happen to Cadets LaSalle???

Just a guess. On the left is Peterborough Krescendos (gold, purple, black) and on the right Cardinals from Scarborough (gold, white, red).

Edit: Could be Guelph Opti-Knights on the left in 74 (gold, red, black). Peterborough had similar uniforms in 75 or so.

Edited by lindap

It was from March 1974 Drum Corps Canada.

One of the items I kept was my week-at-a-glance 1974, mostly school stuff, homework, assignments, exams, rehearsals, swim team...here's some of the drum corps highlights for a few months...drum corps practices were Tuesdays, Thursdays, Sundays and few Saturdays. We didn't have a winter guard that year...Jan 13/74 horn line practice 11:00 am, Jan 26/74 corps practice @ Sheppard and Pharmacy 10-5, Jan 27/74 practice @ Seneca College 11-5, Jan 30/74 drum corps show at the ice arena, Feb 3/74 practice @ Seneca, Saturday March 2, 1974 attend guard show and individuals contest (I was at that contest and Majestics won!)...during March 1974 our new horn and drum staff arrived...Apr 13/74, go to a concert with drum corps folks at O'Keefe Centre to see Chuck Mangione. Doug Smith gave me this photo 2 years ago of Majestics 1977 :-)

77Majestics-Gailimg873-a.jpg

One of the items I kept was my week-at-a-glance 1974, mostly school stuff, homework, assignments, exams, rehearsals, swim team...here's some of the drum corps highlights for a few months...drum corps practices were Tuesdays, Thursdays, Sundays and few Saturdays. We didn't have a winter guard that year...Jan 13/74 horn line practice 11:00 am, Jan 26/74 corps practice @ Sheppard and Pharmacy 10-5, Jan 27/74 practice @ Seneca College 11-5, Jan 30/74 drum corps show at the ice arena, Feb 3/74 practice @ Seneca, Saturday March 2, 1974 attend guard show and individuals contest (I was at that contest and Majestics won!)...during March 1974 our new horn and drum staff arrived...Apr 13/74, go to a concert with drum corps folks at O'Keefe Centre to see Chuck Mangione. Doug Smith gave me this photo 2 years ago of Majestics 1977 :-)

77Majestics-Gailimg873-a.jpg

That's Gail Kostiuk. She was the heart-throb of every guy from any corps who attended these contests. Great command presence. Have not seen or heard from her since...I believe she came into the guard from their parent baton and drum drum corps. The medals were best guard captain awards I believe...