UStream About to Change Drum Corps Shows

UStream is a live video online broadcasting app for the iPhone. Can link to Facebook or Twitter to notify people when you are broadcasting.

Imagine ALL the parking lot broadcasting! (and other places as well - I discourage illegal video recording).

I will definitely be testing this out through the Freelancers Winter Drumline season to see how well it works.

On Twitter: @sacfreelancers

UStream is a live video online broadcasting app for the iPhone. Can link to Facebook or Twitter to notify people when you are broadcasting.

Imagine ALL the parking lot broadcasting! (and other places as well - I discourage illegal video recording).

I will definitely be testing this out through the Freelancers Winter Drumline season to see how well it works.

On Twitter: @sacfreelancers

Also see: QIK for non-iPhone applications http://qik.com/ A fellow instructor has been using it for over a year w/ decent results...

I use Qik on my Android phone, and love it. I could definitely see this technology impacting the activity in the next couple of years. Not just with parking lot vids, but what's stopping someone from sitting in the stands and broadcasting finals?

I have the Ustream broadcaster on my Droid and it is fantastic! I never even thought about using it for DCI stuff... EXCELLENT idea!

I use Qik on my Android phone, and love it. I could definitely see this technology impacting the activity in the next couple of years. Not just with parking lot vids, but what's stopping someone from sitting in the stands and broadcasting finals?

Their phone's battery life :thumbup:

Not just with parking lot vids, but what's stopping someone from sitting in the stands and broadcasting finals?

True, but drum corps is not the only activity that will be effected. Essentially any live event can be broadcast.

I have a hunch that if this stuff starts to pick up, broadcasting companies will have a tight grip on regulations.

Although, the next question is... how?

Pretty much. Which is why I don't make many phone calls because if I do, my phone dies way too quick.

Doesn't with texting though. :doh:

Battery life can be fixed by various peripherals and extra batteries.

I'm not condoning it, nor even suggesting it. But it might really become an issue in a few years, especially if improvements continue to be made in the quality of cell phone cameras.