DCI Finals Tickets 2010

I would think that anyone willing to pay at all would be a good thing. :thumbup:

well, if they had been out side the 35's for what I paid, they'd be getting them back with a love note attached

• 4 weeks later...
I got my Fantastic 5 tickets for the championship in the mail today.

I received tickets exactly where I requested them. :laughing:

It's now January 18 and I still have not received my FANtastic Five tickets ... and FYI, I was told early last week by a DCI ticket staffer that the tickets had already been shipped. Unfortunately, they still have not arrived as of today.

So, are there others here at this forum site who are still waiting for their ticket packages? Please advise ...

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Ft. Mitchell, KY

It's now January 18 and I still have not received my FANtastic Five tickets ... and FYI, I was told early last week by a DCI ticket staffer that the tickets had already been shipped. Unfortunately, they still have not arrived as of today.

So, are there others here at this forum site who are still waiting for their ticket packages? Please advise ...

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Ft. Mitchell, KY

I may be mistaken, but I think that DCI ships tickets via Priority Mail. Unfortunately, they don't track them. I hope your tickets arrive. If not, DCI or Ticketmaster should be able to replace them with duplicate tickets. None the less, things sometimes happen.

I mailed out two sets of Super-Premium Section 441 World Class Championships tickets via Prioity Mail on August 1st last year. I included tracking with the tickets. Good move. On August 4th, the tickets were in Wisconsin. The tickets were enroute to a another city in Wisconsin, but, the next day, which was Wednesday, August 5th, while I was at the I&E competition, I decided to check my e-mail. I had a lot of mail that day, but I had also gotten an email from the person who was supposed to receive the tickets. He told me, "Houston, we have a problem"! As I read the e-mail I could feel the blood drain from my face! His two sets of World Class Super-Premium Section 441 tickets had not arrived at his home! Now, remember, it was Wednesday, August 5th, the day before 1/4 finals! Where were the tickets? :doh:

I immediately went to the Post Office across the street from LOS and inquired as to their status. The Postal employee tracked them to, of all places, California! I was seeing RED! I immediately requested that they ship the tickets to my Hotel in Indy, so that I could get the 1/2 finals and Finals tickets to the proper person, who would be in Indy on Thursday afternoon! I knew that they would not arrive by Thursday afternoon, but I was hoping for Friday morning. $110.00, down the drain, but I was hopeful that something could be salvaged of those tickets. Needless to say, the tickets did not arrive in time for any of the competitions. :doh:

On Thursday morning, I got a call from the Hotel desk. My friend had arrived at the Hotel and was in need of tickets. I told him to go ahead and check in and I would meet him at his room in about 10 minutes. Fortunately, I had already set aside two tickets for him in Section 440 that would put him in great shape for Thursday. He seemed a bit nervous, so I did what I could to calm him and make his trip a better experience. He smiled when he saw the two tickets in Section 440 for 1/4 finals. He was happy about the Thursday tickets that were now in his hand, but still a bit worried about Friday and Saturday. "Don't worry, I'll take care of it. Don't I always?", I said. As the remainder of Thursday afternoon went by, I called the Hotel several times from my spot near the Post Office, but no tickets had been delivered. :wall:

Friday morning, after having talked with several people, I went to the Stadium ticket booth. I explained the problem and they were very willing to help. "What you need is the order number and we can replace them." "The order number!" I did not have that with me, however, I did have it in Indianapolis! I immediately called the person I had originally gotten the tickets from, explained my predicament, and he rushed right over with the needed paperwork. The stadium ticket office was efficient and issued new tickets to him in less than 20 minutes! A few minutes later he was able to put replacement tickets in my hand! :wall:

I had lost the $$$ for Thursday, but at that point, I was overjoyed to have Friday's and Saturday's tickets in my pocket! Needless to say, when my friend walked up, anxiously looking for his tickets, I beamed! "Here you go; Enjoy the show!!!", I exclaimed as I handed him the tickets for the two nights. After that, Friday was a great day at LOS.

When my friend returned to his home in Wisconsin, the original tickets, which were supposed to be mailed to me in Indy, were waiting for him at his home. I had him send them to me and I still have them. I will bring them on tour with me this summer so that I can do "Show and tell" around the country! :inlove:

A true story,

Ron Gunn

Edited by INSIDETHEFORTY

I got my Fantastic 5 tickets for the championship in the mail today.

I received tickets exactly where I requested them. :inlove:

Want better seats? Join "Friends of DCI" I got sick and tired of standing in line at 5AM for Finals tickets year after year, and then not being able to sit anywhere near where I wanted, so I broke down and joined "Friends." Now I get great seats, although the cost is a bit high. At least my dollars go towards the activity.

well, if they had been out side the 35's for what I paid, they'd be getting them back with a love note attached

Precicely the reason why I opted not to buy tickets this year. Last year, I ordered super premium seats ordered the day the mail arrived with the advance purchase info, and I got seats on the 20 yard line. There is always someone with extra tickets they are looking to unload. I'll buy my tickets that way this year (and I'm sure I'll have better seats).