Tour Shoes

ok so the new year is quickly approaching and i wanted to get a head start on picking the "right" tour shoes. in '08 i had a pair of pumas and in '09 i had a decent pair of nikes. i want a comfy, lightweight, FLEXIBLE shoe. i know asics are popular, but ive never had any. i was also looking into under armor shoes. any feedback would be appreciated :smile:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had Brooks in 08 and Asics in 09... I'd recommend going to a running store and have them evaluate your foot and stride to find what kind of shoe would be best.

Honestly, Under Armour and Nike shoes are made to sell, not necessarily to be functional.

You definitely want to get a good pair of shoes... your feet are you most important asset on tour.

Be sure to get a cross-trainer shoe, as running shoes are made with the intention that your feet are only moving forward. I've seen people recommend Asics and New Balance more than anything- I had a pair of Adidas that lasted 3 or 4 cycles in the washing machine for a year after tour... heck, it's been 2.5 years and I still have them.

Also recommend the Spenco Polysorb Cross-trainer insole:

http://www.spenco.com/polysorb_2.shtml

Had a pair in my rehearsal shoes and a pair in my marching shoes.

ASICS! best shoes i've ever had. didnt tear or anything. those or NB but i like asics .

ok so the new year is quickly approaching and i wanted to get a head start on picking the "right" tour shoes. in '08 i had a pair of pumas and in '09 i had a decent pair of nikes. i want a comfy, lightweight, FLEXIBLE shoe. i know asics are popular, but ive never had any. i was also looking into under armor shoes. any feedback would be appreciated :smile:

new balance, all the way