Best Silver Medalist...

Best Silver Medalist Corps of the 2000s?  

202 members have voted

1. 1. I think this is going to be much harder than usual to pick one selection. Which of these corps got robbed of a championship?

• 2001 - Blue Devils (Awaday Blue)
    • 2001 - The Cadets (Juxtaperformance)
    • 2002 - Blue Devils (Jazz: Music Made in America)
    • 2003 - The Cavaliers (Spin Cycle)
    • 2004 - Blue Devils (The Summertrain Blues Mix)
    • 2005 - The Cavaliers (My Kind of Town)
    • 2006 - Phantom Regiment (Faust)
    • 2007 - The Cadets (This I Believe)
    • 2008 - Blue Devils (Constantly Risking Absurdity)
    • 2009 - Carolina Crown (The Grass is Always Greener)

Okay everyone....

For those who voted Cadets 2007, thank you. :smile:

However....I will congratulate Crown 2009 as the "Best Silver Medalist of the 2000s!" Thanks everyone for voting!

Stick around...I'll be back.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who voted Cadets 2007, thank you.

your welcome!

Actually take all the 2009 votes out because they only win because they are fresh ion our minds and rookies have not seen the others.

SCV could have been the best 5ht place show but we time to digest it.

to have 4 shows from 1 year on this list just proves that we need to digest it more .

2009 was a great year .... ITS ONLY A POLL ANYWAY.

Edited by FanofNight

I had to put 09 over 06. 06 phantom is still my all time favorite, but after much dissecting of both shows, and yes i have had plenty of time to dissect crown's show, I had to put crown on top. I don't feel like typing out an essay to explain my reasoning. haha

Voted Bd 2004. Smokin hornline, entertaining show, amazing guard. Well performed, well thought out.

I had to put 09 over 06. 06 phantom is still my all time favorite, but after much dissecting of both shows, and yes i have had plenty of time to dissect crown's show, I had to put crown on top. I don't feel like typing out an essay to explain my reasoning. haha

09-Probably the worst 2nd place show in 4 years.

IMO.

In all honesty, the only show there that I think should have won was 2007 Cadets. Yeah it was tacky (interestingly enough they tied BD in GE lol) but the performance levels of that corps were unreal and severely underscored. Every other show deserved 2nd place and werent deserving of the championship(s) (with the possible exception of 01 BD/Cadets, it was a toss up that year). I think Crown 09 will win this one though... but the question is which corps shouldve won, and Crown most definitely should not have won this year.

I agree almost completely. I too voted for Cadets 07. The comment that was made the whole season was, "If they didn't talk so much, this would be my favorite show." It is true. Had there not been vocals, the show would have been incredible... then again, it may not have made sense without the vocals.

09-Probably the worst 2nd place show in 4 years.

IMO.

At first I was going to get on to you, but then I looked, and I may agree with you. Your wording could have been better, because I still think Crown's show was great this year (and deserved its ranking). The issue is that the DCI fanbase has been blessed with 4 years of great shows in the 2nd place spot.

Gonna go out on a limb with some stuff... here goes:

Cadets 07 (got my vote, should have won that year) blow all these 2nd place shows out of the water, with the exception of BD 08 (should have won also) and BD 04 (im glad im not the only one who thinks this was the best hornline of the decade)

More unpopular opinions:

Phantom 06 should have placed behind The Godfather show at finals, and would have had the Devs brass not had a down year.

Crown 09 did not deserve 1st, and also should've and would've placed 3rd had the Cadets drums not gotten scored so low. Props to CC though on marching way more challenging (and effective?) drill than Devils, I just thought the execution didnt match up with the vision. Horns were money though... deserved the trophy.

Final thought: Cavaliers have had by far the most effective shows this decade. Watching Samurai, Machine, or Frameworks is like a clinic on championship show design perfection (yes Samurai had a championship show design, top 3 was too strong that year). Integration of theme, drill, guard, and music is quite frankly unmatched

At first I was going to get on to you, but then I looked, and I may agree with you. Your wording could have been better, because I still think Crown's show was great this year (and deserved its ranking). The issue is that the DCI fanbase has been blessed with 4 years of great shows in the 2nd place spot.

That's my point . Last 4 year 2nd place corps were WOW.

Could have won IN other years.