Best Silver Medalist...

Best Silver Medalist Corps of the 2000s?  

202 members have voted

1. 1. I think this is going to be much harder than usual to pick one selection. Which of these corps got robbed of a championship?

• 2001 - Blue Devils (Awaday Blue)
    • 2001 - The Cadets (Juxtaperformance)
    • 2002 - Blue Devils (Jazz: Music Made in America)
    • 2003 - The Cavaliers (Spin Cycle)
    • 2004 - Blue Devils (The Summertrain Blues Mix)
    • 2005 - The Cavaliers (My Kind of Town)
    • 2006 - Phantom Regiment (Faust)
    • 2007 - The Cadets (This I Believe)
    • 2008 - Blue Devils (Constantly Risking Absurdity)
    • 2009 - Carolina Crown (The Grass is Always Greener)

That's my point . Last 4 year 2nd place corps were WOW.

Could have won IN other years.

Crown's hornline performance still beats those other 4 2nd place corps...by a LOT...imho.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a demanding one? So many little nuances and stuff. Oh yea, and the drill. >_>

I'm going to have disagree. Just because it looks cool doesn't mean it is demanding... especially with their technique. Their music book was ####### potato notes. Don't tell me it wasn't... I've listened and watched that show numerous times.

09-Probably the worst 2nd place show in 4 years.

IMO.

Well you know we agree so much on here all the time...

So just wondering when people say "_____ would've won any other year" do they actually think about other championship shows for every other year or like when claiming slotting they actually don't give any thought to actual placements?

Again...BESTEST =/= FAVORITEST. Or maybe that was vice versa.

Check this out:

Best 12th Place Corps of the 2000s - Troopers 2009

Best 11th Place Corps of the 2000s - Madison Scouts 2001

Best 10th Place Corps of the 2000s - Carolina Crown 2003

Best 9th Place Corps of the 2000s - Crossmen 2002

Best 8th Place Corps of the 2000s - Blue Stars 2009

Best 7th Place Corps of the 2000s - Bluecoats 2007 (BLOWOUT)

Best 6th Place Corps of the 2000s - Carolina Crown 2007 (BLOWOUT)

Best 5th Place Corps of the 2000s - Santa Clara Vanguard 2009

Best 4th Place Corps of the 2000s - Phantom Regiment 2003

Best Bronze Medalist of the 2000s - Santa Clara Vanguard 2004 (BLOWOUT)

Best Silver Medalist of the 2000s - ?????????????????????

Now here's what's interesting: There are two spots left for the silver and gold.....here are the corps who have not yet made the list:

Blue Devils

The Cavaliers

The Cadets

In addition, we have these following corps to consider as well:

Phantom Regiment

Carolina Crown

Talk about these votes getting harder.....these last two rounds will be very difficult to vote on. 5 fantastic corps.....2 spots left.

Make your vote count, and thanks for participating!

OK, so one of my all-time 2 or 3 shows EVER is PR 06. Pure...magic. This was actually a very tough choice for me, believe it or not. And I'm glad to see that I'm not alone in selecting...07 Cadets! Again, not FAVORITEST...BESTEST!!!

06 to 09 the 2's are TIGHT. TOUGH competition here. Man, this whole decade's 2's would make a killer theater event all by their lonesomes, actually! Faust is only my 2nd most favorite ever PR show, hands down end of discussion. But Cadets' "This I Believe" was simply the most perfectly performed 2-show EVERY, IMHO. Most entertaining? No. Favorite? Nowhere close. But that corps could have taken Gold and I would have known they deserved it. Just, "Winged Victory" came out and threw down EVERY TIME they had to. Only BD 07 could have beat Cadets 07. ONLY. 08, of course, would have won pretty much any other night, any other year. Actually, 09 Crown in 1st in the poll doesn't surprise me at all. They'd probably beat out 89 Regiment. What IS it with the Crown web presence??? I just don't think 2-4 was ever even close to BD in 09, so maybe that's biasing my ranking Crown 09 4th among these four years...still LOVE "Somewhere/Over the Rainbow." RIP SkyRyders!

So, looks like my theory about the BIG 3 putting anesthesia on the field, antiseptic designed to bring home trophies, is correct. If this were a theater event, we would be excluding, like, 90% of DCI's champions according to these polls.

DCI should do THIS for their spring deal next year...AND RIGHT HERE ON DCP, TOO!! Get the minions and legions of faithful engaged for a change.

Cadets 07, IMHO.

So just wondering when people say "_____ would've won any other year" do they actually think about other championship shows for every other year or like when claiming slotting they actually don't give any thought to actual placements?

I do. And I pretty much only use it in regards to Cadets 07 and BD 08. Well, unless they were to go up against BD 09. That would be tough.

I do. And I pretty much only use it in regards to Cadets 07 and BD 08. Well, unless they were to go up against BD 09. That would be tough.

I would agree with that. Most of the claims people are making that would win any other year (i.e. SCV 04) are completely ridiculous.