What year did you begin in drum corps?

Andyroo

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you people are all old, LOL! I first started marching in 2008, 7th grade, 13 years old:P

This will be my 3rd season of marching....15 years old. Imagine how many years of DCI are ahead!

More power to you but I bet at 50 I could still march circles around you! :laughing: I play in a soccer league too! Becuase of that I have more wind than I did as a kid LOL.

More power to you but I bet at 50 I could still march circles around you! :laughing: I play in a soccer league too! Becuase of that I have more wind than I did as a kid LOL.

Nice! Probably, but its from more experience. If you looked at me from 7th grade before drumcorps, and my musical abilities now after 3 years, I improved so much. I love drumcorps for that reason as well, the 3 years of Empire have been amazing!

This is a really interesting thread. There is a lot of history on here. With that being said, I was at a Hershey show in June of 1960 before I was born, again two weeks after I was born and put on a drum in 1967in a parade corps the Barricudas which was a feeder corps for the Belvederes from Schukyll Haven. Then I stopped marching in the corps since my parents would not let me do band and drum corps at the same time even though I wanted to. So, I marched Westshoremen after I graduated high school.

This is a really interesting thread. There is a lot of history on here. With that being said, I was at a Hershey show in June of 1960 before I was born, again two weeks after I was born and put on a drum in 1967in a parade corps the Barricudas which was a feeder corps for the Belvederes from Schukyll Haven. Then I stopped marching in the corps since my parents would not let me do band and drum corps at the same time even though I wanted to. So, I marched Westshoremen after I graduated high school.

So THAT's who the Barricudas were.... The PA Drum Corps Hall of Fame website only has the name and location with no other info (not even Jr or Sr). Thanks Scott, I'll pass this along to Gary Matczak so he can update.

No problem, glad I could help!